RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:37 AM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road
Default My first build

Well, the day has finally arrived, I have started building my first truck, a Knight Hauler, and here is my progress for day 1.

[/IMG]
Old 03-18-2015, 12:40 AM

Default Re: My first build

I'll have to figure out what's going wrong, I used Photobucket, and for some reason I can't get the photos to link up correctly, sorry.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:58 AM

[/IMG]
Old 03-18-2015, 09:08 AM

Ok, I give up! I can't remember how I was able to upload the one item I was successful in doing the other day, so you nstead of wasting everyone's time, I'm not going to bother trying any longer, my time is more valuable than spending it trying to get photos uploaded or attached to these forums by jumping through endless hoops that are not working for me. I will just sit here in the background, building my Knight, and looking at YOUR pictures.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

Hello sir! Looking forward to seeing these build pics!!!

To get the images to load, go to your photobucket and copy the full line of the IMG tag for each photograph into your window to create a forum post. In your post, it'll look like:

[URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/hotrod075/media/photobucket.help_zpsfikv8tqb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/hotrod075/photobucket.help_zpsfikv8tqb.jpg[/IMG.][/URL.]

then you can hit PREVIEW POST before you post the reply to make sure the pics load.

In photobucket, use this link:

copy that entire line and paste it into your reply.

Let me know if you have any issues with it!

Can't wait to see your build!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:55 PM

Thanks Stepside, I'll give it a try later.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:59 PM

Ok FINALLY! Here is the photo ive been trying to post since yesterday, this is the progress for day one. I'll keep trying to post as I go.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Still nothing...for me atleast.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:18 AM

Here is my progress through day 2 of my Knight Hauler build. I've decided to use the opening tool box here, and will probably locate the control/ power switches for the Tamiya Tractor Truck Electrical Unit I got on eBay in it, so the back of the cab stays reasonably clear of clutter, plus I'm thinking of getting a Headache Rack to mount for possible Flatbed use. I'm thinking of going with a tri-tone color scheme using two shades of blue and a bright white, not sure if I'll use the Tamiya supplied stripe decals, or if I'll use some other method yet, I guess this is where time will have to slow down, in order to get the details correct, besides I'm still waiting on another light set to arrive, a GT Power 4 Channel LED Set, I also got on eBay. Please let me know what you think, any ideas, or if you notice anything you think I should change. Thanks for looking.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

So are ya hooked yet? At this point I was a kid on xmas morning all over again on my first truck....
Old 03-20-2015, 12:55 AM

Oh I'm hooked Izzy,but had some issues today with my RX, TX and ESC, I've got a Tactic TTX650, a Tactic Reciever and a Tamia ESC, and after getting things to work prior to starting the build, now I can't get the motor to reverse as I can't figure out how to center the throttle stick. I've read, and re-read the manual,swapped plugs on the RX, looked through menus and got to overwhelmed so I took the night off from building to reset my brain. But I AM HOOKED!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road

If you've never been able to get the ESC to go into reverse it may be in race mode. Which will only allow you to have brakes and no reverse. You'll have to program it to have reverse. Which ESC do you have?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM

Peterbilt is on a distinguished road

Nice I like to bild a new one too from scratch.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:51 PM

Mavrick0, I have the Tamiya TEU-302BK Electronic Speed Control, I remember seeing that option on the instruction sheet, but assumed that I had to activate that, I'll chech that out, thanks.

After sleeping on it, I realized it just need to go 1 step at a time, and it'll work out. Without getting into too much detail, I'm dealing with some moderate to severe brain damage due to a severe illness I've been fighting for the past 8 years, and I decided that instead of sitting and rotting away, I'd get into a hobby that would help me build both toys, and my short term memory capacity. I've got a LOT to learn, but I know I've been given the time needed to do this, and much more.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Green Horn

thebat is on a distinguished road

looks good to me why did you purchase two led kits for it when the tamiya elctrical unit will do all the lighting and also has the lead for the trailer light kit.

Keep On Rollin.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:37 PM

thebat, I got the sets CHEAP, and I'm planning ahead for my next build as well, so knowing that I LOVE lights on my rigs, I got "the fever" and bought ahead. plus, the wife was in a good mood, so I struck while the timing was right.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Green Horn

thebat is on a distinguished road

i totally understand that i love my lights on the trucks too i have 15 in just my frotn bumper and am working on more extra leds other than the stock head tail and roof lights. i wish tamiya wouldn't of discotinued the tractor truck elctrical unit cuz it does all the lighting ya can want and still ahs a trailer hook up

Keep On Rollin.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Good deal. I sometimes need to stew on something before acting on it.... and many times I have Re built it to make it a bit better looking.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:48 PM

SUCCESS AT LAST! I went on a few other RC Boards, most deal with Aircraft, I stumbled on a post somewhere that suggested Reversing the Throttle Channel Servo Setting in the tx, and then opening the radio and "simply" move the Aleron stick return spring, to the Throttle stick. So, I went ahead and gave that a whirl, and to my relief it worked. I then reset the esc to factory setting again, and went through the esc setup process again, this time everything worked correctly. I then plugged the motor in, and I have forward/ reverse, and the steering and shift settings I had previously set up, work as desired.

So, after stepping away for a day, and just thinking it through, I was able to cool off and "fix" my problm. Now I move forward to paint and possibly designing my own decals using a Testors Decal Dsign Kit I found at Hobby Lobby today, while out with my wife and daughter.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Just a quick update, I have been working on the paint for the past several days, and finally have my White laid down the way I want. Now I'm going to wait a couple days to be sure it is sufficiently dry, before I mask off the design I think will look like "me", I'm not going for anything extreme, I'm just going to combine parts of a couple Parma Paint Mask designs. My second color is going to be Blue, and I think the white designs will look great. No new pics, but will upload a couple once paint is done, hopefully next week sometime.