RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Odds and Ends. > Static Conversions

Static Conversions This is the place for all your Bruder cab and trailer conversions.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM

A32Limited is on a distinguished road
Default Potential Chevy build

Well, I picked this up today in Good Will, felt it would be neat to have a truck that's scale enough to run along side the semis. I dunno anything about it, and whether these are valuable or not, so I'm hesitant to start cutting into it, plus, the measurements are a little weird, and I don't know of any axles that'll fit it width wise.

The dimensions of it are:

Width: 5-1/4 inches (1/12.5 scale)
Length: 14 inches (1/14 scale)
Wheelbase: 8-1/8 inches (1/16 scale)

I was hoping someone could shed light on whether this should be kept a collector's piece (since I hate 'destroying' rare things) or be converted, since I've never done one, and I'm kind of excited.

And lastly, does anyone know of any axles that'll fit that? A little thinner or a little wider is fine...I'm still researching, and deciding whether to make it two or four wheel drive. Thanks for any help!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Potential Chevy build

QLO mini crawler is close for axles. My first large scale big rig was metal bodied rig from the same company. Wish I still had it on the shelf. The truck looks close for scale. The width of later model 1:1 is 78-80 inches or so it's smaller than 1/12 width-wise. All in all it is close to Tamiya scale.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 AM

CatdrvR is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I would say keep it as a collectors piece. That truck will need to be so heavily modified that I just do not see it being worth it. Then again, I guess they don't really make older looking truck bodies much nowadays. I think you should scope out ebay and see what you can find for old Tamiya hard bodies. Another idea would be to use 1/18 scale automotive models and they come in a HUGE variety. Thats my take on it. Good luck!

Dan
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

here is one more for your fleet
http://cgi.ebay.com/NYLINT-CHEVY-PRO...ecast_Vehicles
Old 08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

What good is it if it just sits on a shelf? Make it move,& look like you never touched it! Now it's worth something! Be watchin to see which way you go w/this. Don't be ascaird!
FGD
Old 08-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Sonoran- thanks, I think the QLO will be also perfect width wise, now to save some more money and get one.

Cat- I have a few 1/18th trucks, but they just don't look anywhere near as scale to the semi as this one does, and I want to get a flatbed to drag it around on, then park the semi, and drive the truck around a bit.

Grumpy- I've seen that one, and one that's in much worse condition for $20, I only paid $3 for this one, but if it's collectible, I don't want to cut it up, since then there will be one less. But they don't seem to be that rare, but I did find a magazine page with it on there from November 1977. Lol

Freddy- I'm probably going to be turning it into an RC car, it has enough room behind the seat for a small battery, and under the hood, I could fit the rest of the electronics, since I'll probably steal the Novak SPY from my Micro RS4, and get a 2.4GHz radio since the receivers are so small. I might even be able to use the existing chassis with a few modifications!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Make it RC!

I convert metal Tonka Dump trucks to rc and I use Venom Mini giant axles and trans. The hard part is finding tires that size. lego has some nice tires and wheels that might fit nice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Set-4-Brand...efaultDomain_0

"No load is too Small"
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Green Horn

Thorsteenster is on a distinguished road

Nice score, looks like it sizes up with the semi about perfectly!

Collectable, schmollectable. It'll be worth a lot more to you RC'd!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

Grumpy- I've seen that one, and one that's in much worse condition for $20, I only paid $3 for this one, but if it's collectible, I don't want to cut it up, since then there will be one less. But they don't seem to be that rare, but I did find a magazine page with it on there from November 1977. Lol

you could bye another one and keep this one to have two on trailer and one RC lol
or just make a chassis that this body will just sit on that way if it is a old one you just put the axles back under it and its good lol
or make a nice truck like smallhauler did
Old 08-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

RC it ..I just recently bought a losi mini crawer that i want to convert to a work truck..That might be your ticket..Does anybody know what the dimensions to this truck is.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true
Old 08-21-2010, 04:43 PM

rcpuller is on a distinguished road

i think i have one of those at home somewhere.....i know i have alot of other ones that would make for a nice rc conversion
Old 08-21-2010, 04:53 PM

Smallhaul- The VMG axles are too thin for this truck, but I've figured out what axles I do need for it, just need the money to get the truck.

Thorsteenster- I think I am going to make it into an RC car...we'll see if I can actually do it. Lol

Grumpy- I could, but it's gonna be a running truck someday, that's it's dream. LOL

Tracksntreads- I looked up that truck online, but only Cabela's has it, and all I know, is it's 12 inches long, so it may be too small, but for the price, get it and find out.

RCpuller- That's cool...I had a couple Nylint trucks, one of them was the Ford LTL9000 tractor trailer dump truck, and one that was an International box truck for See's Candies, I think one's in the shed, and one got played with too much. LOL
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Slick is on a distinguished road

That would be a great scaler or crawler body.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Cool find. I had my share of Nylint trucks, when I was growing up as a kid too. I'm pretty sure they all got their fair share of abuse, and none exist in my collection today!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:24 PM

Slick- I intend on making it into a truck. I just haven't done much with it, because I've gotten back into my summer hobby, which is firearms.

Espeefan- Thanks. I had a few, one of them I can remember, was a Ford LTL9000 18 wheeled dumptruck. Ever since then, I've wished that somebody would manufacture a body of one. Though I guess I could commission a custom builder for it. But this is by far, the neatest Nylint rig I've come across, and if I don't do anything with it, I imagine it'd make a great collector piece.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

I have a mint white one (later version) myself in my 1/16 scale collection. I had three others when I was a kid (early to mid 1970's). I believe the early ones had a Chevy grille and smooth tires, and a bumper hitch. Sort of reminds me of the Tamiya Clodbuster, the early ones had Chevy grilles and tailgates, the later ones had generic parts.

Last edited by Claus; 08-08-2011 at 02:05 AM.