RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > Freddygeardrive you are remembered. > FreddyGearDrive

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Power leveler,& Steiger build

Fred, kind of curious how you bolt the axles up. I can't see any sign of how you do it. I can only guess you have an angle bracket that screws to the side of the die-cast model, and then the axles bolt to the bottom channel? That's how I'd do it, anyway.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

That's great work, but I don't know why you want to move a little dirt at a time insted of buying my dozer and srcaper and doing it right. I'll make you a good deal.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Fred, kind of curious how you bolt the axles up. I can't see any sign of how you do it. I can only guess you have an angle bracket that screws to the side of the die-cast model, and then the axles bolt to the bottom channel? That's how I'd do it, anyway.
Look at the 4 screws in the stock mounts right above the axles.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Look at the 4 screws in the stock mounts right above the axles.

Travis
One hole in the frame, but the axles have two? Were the axles holes slotted? New holes drilled? Or just shimmied around until one hole lined up?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Nate I would say Freddy just drilled new holes where he needed them. The black Tamiya plastic (I think it is ABS) holds threads really well. I hope this helps.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guys!
Claus,I like to try different drive configurations,till I find the keeper.
Espeefan,My flippin scale is boxed up somewhere,& don't have a way to weigh er now. I will tell you it's a lot heavier than when I first took er out of the box.
Travis Thanks!
Joe! This is perfect with you owning the dozer.You can do the rough grade,& I'll do the finish grade. Plus gives us a good reason to get together,get some gradin done,Then have acouple of pops to celebrate a job well done!
Ken,there is a little more inside the preseeder,but for some reason my camera didn't want to work right for that part of the build.
Well.....It only took 6 shots at the wheel kit Till I could post it up for you boys to see.
Here's what I came up with.

Then of course,the vid!

Can't wait to see how this baby works now!
Hopefully,the ground will be dry enough to but er to work today.
Wanted to giv'er a shot yesterday,but it's been rainin for the last couple of days,& it's all mud.
But! Today,sunny & hot!
Thanks for lookin!
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Freddy the rear wheel setup looks pretty good on there. I can't wait to see what she does now that you can change the grade. Next you need to install a plow on the front of her so you can start plowing snow this winter.

~Tyler~
Old 09-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow, that power leveler looks fantastic, with the addition of the rear lift wheels. Even if you work with the more basic tools, you still manage to crank out some incredible looking, and functional models.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys!
Ok Joe! This is why I don't need a dozer anymore havin this baby.
Now this vid shows just how good this baby works!

Pretty slick huh? My arm is killin me from patten myself on the back for this one!
Here's another vid,made a few while I was at it.So might as well share them w/you'all

Thanks for lookin!
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Freddy looks like the tractor is doing great. It's amazing how well that power leveler works even on the larger dirt.