RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 01-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD Dozer, modifications, upgrades, settings.

Yard toad, I made a video on how I setup my 870k's radio. I know it's not a dozer but the radio is the same. https://youtu.be/3iA42F_aj68
Old 01-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Toad View Post
Benny thanks for the info on the at9. Looks like it will work for the differential steering and support all the mixes to run the pump at low speed.
Just checked mine and it has the option of 8 mixes. Not sure what the difference is but 1-4 are under "normal" and 5-8 are under "curve." With the stock electronics here's my screens for mixes to have tracks on one stick and blade on the other. I then have the ripper on the left and right shoulder toggles. I had to switch around ESC's on the RX but all worked, you may not have to.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 01-11-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:55 PM

Yard Toad is on a distinguished road

Liftmys10, great video and awesome valve tuning. I currently don’t any 3 position switches available, one is being used for sound the other controls a servonaut MM4 switch, the remaining switches control the pump (on/off) and strobe light (on/off).

Have been playing around with the settings and found a way to get hi/low speed for my pump by way of using the “fly mode”. Here’s how it works pump is assigned to switch A (on/off), turn pump to on (high speed) press “fly mode” pump still on high. Now flip switch A back to the up (or off position) and now it’s on low speed.
You can look up flymode for i6s and will describe it a bit better.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:01 PM

Benny, thanks for the valuable info should help others set up differential steering. Great to see you get eight mixes. If I’m not mistaken 4 are linear and 4 are curved. Linear mixes tend to be more responsive around center stick vs curved. Curved more responsive at the end of stick.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Toad View Post
Liftmys10, great video and awesome valve tuning. I currently don’t any 3 position switches available, one is being used for sound the other controls a servonaut MM4 switch, the remaining switches control the pump (on/off) and strobe light (on/off).

Have been playing around with the settings and found a way to get hi/low speed for my pump by way of using the “fly mode”. Here’s how it works pump is assigned to switch A (on/off), turn pump to on (high speed) press “fly mode” pump still on high. Now flip switch A back to the up (or off position) and now it’s on low speed.
You can look up flymode for i6s and will describe it a bit better.
Thanks I'll check that out.
I'm assuming you lowered the end point for switch A. That will decrease pump speed for good.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:39 PM

Liftmys10, yes i have lowered my end point for my pump, I like to run it at 40% (high).
When I go into fly mode I can toggle between 40% (high) and 20% (low).
Here are the values I used to set up "fly mode", pump channel (5), S1 (SwA), S2 (Null) Value 1 (1600) low, Value 2 (1690) High. I used the servo screen to help me convert the values.

Last edited by Yard Toad; 01-12-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:25 PM

ariari is on a distinguished road

I swapped one of the self centering wheels with pot to control the pump and same side stick for the blade.

Problems so far what I have noticed is that tracks start slipping very easily on any moist sand / mold.

Every time if I have not been using the dozer for weeks I get very bad arcing from one of the motors or both and I need the take them out. Could hydraulic oil cause it because I haven't done nothing to the over fill tube and the there is always some oil under the cab etc.. here is video of this very usual thing for me https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hf...0mcSmi_8UUGGaQ

Third problem is that cylinders don't keep pressure or position or how it is said? Ripper is lifted up but it comes down very slow and also blade. I need to raise ripper time to time when running.

And the last one is some times the pump struggles to start spinning even when put in full speed, using hydraulics finally gets it running normally. Like the oil flow is restricted and jamming the pump?