RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction News

Construction News New kits & accessories offered in the world wide marketplace

Old 10-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Eagle Mach Excavator 1/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Oyvind, please tell us your coming up with a brushed track motor upgrade for this sucker?
Like to drive mine through our small creek and brushless ain't gonna cut it. I have no problem throwing in a
sabertooth to accommodate the brushed motors.
Benny...the though have struck me, maybe I have to look into it..) But possible just first give the original ones a chance, and see what how they will hold up...
Old 10-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
'the Mother' machine is of another league than the Eagle/RC4WD...just difficult to compare..And it's 36t vs 70t machine...The 360L is a more handy machine to deal with sizevice, just 235mm width of the undercarriage, well suited for low loaders. 4-5000 € for the 'Mother', wasn't that just a symbolic introduction price...or you can really order one for that price now..? With the 360L, in 'worst case' you need to replace the valve block and pump with Jung/Premacon, so ad a 1000€.
I agree, they are 2 different equipments and hard to compare. For that price, the Mother earth mover already includes Premacon valve block and pressure relief valve.
Not to mention the cylinders are industrial hydraulics made with industrial gaskets and the shaft is chrome treated, not something that was made at home. The pump is also industrial. It's surprisingly very quiet.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:07 PM

trewq is on a distinguished road

How much is the Premacon valve block?
how many channels is the block that is used in the digger, 3 or 4?
Old 10-30-2016, 01:37 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewq View Post
How much is the Premacon valve block?
how many channels is the block that is used in the digger, 3 or 4?
For prices, best adcive is check out Premacon online shop..One just need a x3 block for the basic functions in a RC exvavator. Some go for x4 if they want to have hydraulic quick connector for the buckets, tilting buckets etc. But thats additional expensive equipment for the advanced users. Later on one can always ad a single valve, or 2,
Old 10-30-2016, 03:29 AM

I've googled for Premacon just after posting the previous message.
Oh my dear how lovely models they produce!

I wish I could afford one whole model...

So, the price for a single valve block is 79EUR, not too bad for someone who wants to buy a valve and make a replica of the same or the "budget" build.
Their pumps look business too, but the main advantage behind their hydraulic system, as I see it, is having a hydraulic filter employed. I have not seen that with MAGOM or other cheap, cheap companies.

So, now I need to make up my mind on what I really wanna build.
Excavator is cool for my scale park roads that need to be built. Loader is also desirable for quick loading and planning of the roads. Dozer would serve it's purpose too in making new roads and making things flat...

****, I really need to focus on a single machine if I wanna build one. lol

The conclusion is that I wont spend my money one RC4WD excavator.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:06 AM

Papy is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the waiting time.....the 1:1 scale sandbox took a lot of my time in the past days.

I do not want to compare this "360" with another model, as I do not have any idea of what the others are worse.

I will not add a lot of pictures also, as the model can be seen from all angles on the RC4WD website. If you are interested in a specific detail, just ask, I will try my best to satisfy.

Just facts :

About dimensions, as mentionned above, if you consider the scale is 1/14.5 the "360" is based on a Volvo 460B/480D model, so a 45/50 metric tonnes model.

Undercarriage is 248mm wide and 303mm from center of tumbler to center of idler wheel, which make it exactly fit the dimensions of the variable gauge 480DL chassis in extended position. However, it represents a fixed gauge chassis. This "mistake" apart, the details are excellent.

The upperstructure features a scale "B series" looking cab, with a decent interior.

The one piece, heavy counterweight is also modeled after a B series and looks nice.

Overall, the upperstructure is 231mm wide, which is out of scale whatever the original model considered. 36/50 tonnes machines are just 2990mm wide and this would give around 210mm in 1/14.5 scale

The left hood panel and resulting counterweight clearance radius are the only things clearly inspired from a 360D.

The right panel has louvers, which is pure imagination, and looks particularly weird on the area where you are supposed to find the hydraulic tank of the real machine.

The top panel shows anti-slip material, which is accurately molded.

All the parts are die-cast in zinc or aluminium alloy with a high quality of the details.

The digging equipment features the 7.00 metres standard 480D boom with the 3.35 meters stick. The digging enveloppe of the model looks close to the previous 4200XL, but I did not have the opportunity to put both models aside.

Although "only" 100mm wide, the bucket is really a masterpiece of casting! It's plenty of details (wear plates, reinforcement gussets, etc.) and looks decently close to a real bucket. Now, will the alloy resist to real play? Only time will tell.

As you can see on the two pictures, the guts under the hood are arranged with care, and there is space enough for a big battery (8500 mAh in place). Be careful, the maximum battery dimensions given on the website are absolutely not realistic.

The hydraulics are very interesting. The new system features 2 check valves in the circuit. One is located on top of the main valves and the second is "hidden" in the de-dusting filter on top of the hood. This last one is used to adjust the max pressure by simply rotating the cover (no tool required), and the integrated manometer directly shows the result.
The real positive point is that the pressure in the circuit remains at a low level when no function is activated. To my knowledge, no other model manufacturer offer this advantage.
I haven't made a test "in field" now, but the equipment forces seem to be way enough for serious digging.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to tell as much as I could about this model. I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC021159.jpg (66.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg DSC021160.jpg (78.7 KB, 239 views)
Old 10-30-2016, 06:15 AM
Wannabe

Thanks for your info Papy. Have you checked the weight of the machine? It's said that the tracks are of steel now, not the weak aluminium castings as the last version of the 4200. Can you do a magnet test?)
Old 10-30-2016, 06:59 AM

The weight is 27kg, which is very heavy for such a model and gives a lot of stability.

The tracks are nicely detailed dut definitely not C45 grade steel. Probably aluminium or zinc/aluminium alloy. Only the rollers and idler wheels are machined from steel.

As the discussion of the comparison with a 70 ton class machine was opened in this topic, here are some more pictures with the model side by side with my EC700B for size comparison.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:51 AM
Wannabe

27 kgs is unnecessary heavy...the 4200 is around 20 kg, and seams like a ok weight. surpriced that they have added additional 7 kg's on top of that..Just makes it more 'stressfull' to carry around and to transport on a low loader. I guess the THS 480 Volvo in 1:14.5 is around 15 kgs, which is a correct weight of a 50 ton machine in this scale. But naturally, it don't hurt with some additional dead weight.
Ah..I'm not surprized with the small C45 steel tracks lie...I did not had much thrust about that info given in the product spec.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:48 AM

I agree with you on the "too much weight" point. I would add that most manufacturers (not only eagle mach) also put too much power and too much oil flow, leading to 50ton models behaving (shaking!) like mini-excavators.

Back to the "360" model. This is clearly not intended to be a super scale model for rivets counters, but just a nice looking, pretty realistic, [nearly] RTR, efficient toy at a relatively affordable price.

I bought this one to have something to put in the hands of the youngers/beginners who visit my workshop or come to me during exhibitions and want to "try". You better let them play with a 2700$ solid model than the one you spent 1'000 hours to build (or your ++15'000$ FumoTremaHScontec......if you have one)
And in my opinion, that target is reached.

Last edited by Papy; 10-30-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papy View Post
The hydraulics are very interesting. The new system features 2 check valves in the circuit. One is located on top of the main valves and the second is "hidden" in the de-dusting filter on top of the hood. This last one is used to adjust the max pressure by simply rotating the cover (no tool required), and the integrated manometer directly shows the result.
The real positive point is that the pressure in the circuit remains at a low level when no function is activated. To my knowledge, no other model manufacturer offer this advantage.
I haven't made a test "in field" now, but the equipment forces seem to be way enough for serious digging.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to tell as much as I could about this model. I hope this helps
I like your review!
Please let us know how the castings stand to use and abuse.

In regards to dual stage hydraulic system;
- exactly what I have in mind for my project - if I ever get to that stage instead just pulling the trigger on the prebuilt model.

I think that the benefits of such system are in reduced energy wasted while the hydraulic system is "idling"... I'll have to try something similar with my hydraulic parts soon.

Oh, I nearly forgot to address the weight issue.
I know that it is very hard to pull a loaded trailer. 27kg, I bet the trailer has at least 3 to 5 more and that makes really heavy load. I don't fancy trying to tow that on a loose surface. But, isn't that what is fun? Building your tractor truck with large reduction rates, having decent amount of power, building and "cheating" the drivetrain to make it - yeah, that sounds fun to me!

Last edited by trewq; 10-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:34 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your equipment she is a beauty and hope you have tons of fun with it and also thanks for all the info you have shared.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewq View Post
I like your review!

Oh, I nearly forgot to address the weight issue.
I know that it is very hard to pull a loaded trailer. 27kg, I bet the trailer has at least 3 to 5 more and that makes really heavy load. I don't fancy trying to tow that on a loose surface. But, isn't that what is fun? Building your tractor truck with large reduction rates, having decent amount of power, building and "cheating" the drivetrain to make it - yeah, that sounds fun to me!
Thank you all for the kind comments!

For the weight on a trailer, I can confirm this is absolutely not an issue if you have a "beast" under the gooseneck......but do not consider tuning only the powertrain will do the trick : standard Tam suspensions will just be crushed
I strongly recommand installing a pair of Reg's excellent walking beams
Old 10-31-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papy View Post
The weight is 27kg, which is very heavy for such a model and gives a lot of stability.

The tracks are nicely detailed dut definitely not C45 grade steel. Probably aluminium or zinc/aluminium alloy. Only the rollers and idler wheels are machined from steel.

As the discussion of the comparison with a 70 ton class machine was opened in this topic, here are some more pictures with the model side by side with my EC700B for size comparison.

The pictures did not post for the comparison
Old 10-31-2016, 11:15 AM

Probably a temporary problem, but here they are, from another source

Old 10-31-2016, 02:19 PM

WOW they are both beautiful machines nice size
Old 10-31-2016, 03:37 PM

The only difference, except the size, is one of them took only one click (and some $$$) to be here and RTR.......the other one started from the drawing board many years ago and will certainly not be ready under the christmas tree this year

Last edited by Papy; 10-31-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I know which one I would want if I were in your will.lol
Old 11-01-2016, 08:15 AM

scottyk is on a distinguished road

looks pretty good to me! Ive never been a fan of Chinese manufacturing but these seem to be of decent quality
Old 11-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

I would not want the Chinese one I would want the other one. Ed