RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles

Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles Here is a spot for all them important emergency vehicle builds.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Pumper Truck Build

Well I started this build a year ago for a local fire truck company that wanted me to build a Rc fire pumper truck for them to take to the Fire truck show in Jan 2010. Well I was looking for another builder to build the cab so I could keep working on my stuff but no one wanted to take it on so here we go.

Ok 2 Globe Cabs

Time to raise the roof

[/b]

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tamiya Cowboy; 01-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

First I have to lower the front section of the roof

Time for the roof to go up

[/B]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Time for the lower fenders to go

New skirts with cab ext.
[/B]

Old 08-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Fill the roof in

Time the the wheel opening

Big Dawg On The Bone

Need to lower the side window

Fill in the grill and cut the body to fit around the frame.

Big Dawg On The Bone

[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got the new frame done this weekend and I also put 2 globliner floors together so i could mount the cab. Now to finish the windows on the cab and the front bumper then on to the back half.

[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok guys here we go again I have 4 days to get alot done on this so here we go. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I cut the last windows and layed out the doors I also made temp lets so I can cut the door out of very thin plastic to do over lay for the door later.

Next to start on the back of the body. I am using 1/4 PVC sheet for the inner frame work of the body then I will cut and bend the PMD alum tread plate and plan alum sheet and line the bed of the back.

Ok back at it I will up date later again.
[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok last night I finished the pump house boxing it in and I added the vents on each end of the unite on top of the pump house.

Then i had to cut 1 1/4 off the frame as I messed up a little and had to add the back step but no biggy was not too tuff to fix.

Next I had to make the side with the roll up doors. They just look like roll up doors but dont. The hole side of the truck is hinged to flip the side down for wiring later.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok guys here is a little update..Picks are slow to come as there are 2 sides to this truck so post picks for one side then have to build the other before I can move on..
So here is the picks I did body work on the seams and I used 3m under coating on the under side then I painted the rest of the body with Dupla color chrome so I can start covering the rest of the body with Alum and PMD tread plate.[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok here you guys go. I got the side panels to the body painted and I have added the chrome strip across ed the lower of the body with the DOT tape over top of that. What do you think :-/

[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got a bunch of nit picken work done today on the truck. After meeting with the company and taking a little walk around the plant with Nick and getting a good up close look at the trucks I seen a few things I was not happy with the way the windows looked so I cut the nose off again and lowered it 3/8 of a inch then also cut the side windows to match that 3/8.I also changed the curve in the upper corners of the windshield.

Nose Lowered

Then I cut the side windows down.

Then I made the front bumper and the grill test piece.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I also got to play with my shear and break to and made the running boards.

Well after a lot of filler work and now I finialy got the body in K2 fill and kill primer Ill wet sand this out and use a DuPont surface primer and scotch bright that and start paint wont be long now this truck will be making fast progress now. I have the decal shop working on the decals now too..

Old 08-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here is a pick of the body on the chassis. Had to put it together and take it to the decal shop so they could do some of there work.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have been working on the truck I ran into a issue with the nose of the body that slowed me up but I got it fixed and all primer work is done and it is in the White color as i type and will be ready for the red tomarrow i hope.

I worked on the rubber wheel flares today gotr them mounted to the pump body.

Also I got the hazard decal on the front bumper and the rear of the pump body today it was pretty tricky to do the rear and get it to all line up and the bad thing is I am going to redo it as the red lines are larger than the ones on the front bumper and they were to be the same size.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

[b]Ok I got the Red striped out and sprayed red today.

And you cant see it in the pick but i am going to have to reshoot the white. I sprayed the white and let it dry for 24hrs before I striped it out to spray the red and let the red flash and I cleared it all and the white reacted not sure why I think m reducer was too cool for the mix I did the white. So that will set me back a few more day as it will have to dry very good and Ill have to wet sand and reshoot the white. But I also got more detail done on the pump body too.

Pump Panels on and the tread plate put on and I also got the grill done too.

[/b

Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok got alot done tonight on the truck. It took me some time to make the windows and get them fitted and glued but I got them done. I made the windows out of clear PVC .08 cut and glued the side ones. The front window I cut the window out 1/8 larger than the opening and then I heated the edge of the window with a hair dryer and used a 1/2 wooden doll to curve the PVC till it was cooled.

[/b]

Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here we go on the rest of tonight's update. OK I put the new hazard decal on the rear of the truck and I also made the rear tail lights and did the tread plate on the rear step and up the sides in the rear and made the alum deck for the hose bed.

I also got the black strip added to the body between the red and the white and I added the grill onto the cab for the last time and glued the wheel flairs also I am final crossing things off the build list on this project.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Also I got the frame prepped and paint a semi gloss black. Then I also got the frame put back together and added the drive shaft and steering rod and shift rod.

Add the new hazard decal on the front bumper and replaced the tread plate on the top of the bumper and added it to the frame.

Here is a few picks of the pump body put on the frame for the last time with the cab witch will come off and on a few more times I will start some wireing and more detail tomorrow.