RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "KISS" theme truck

BTW, i'm thinking of calling this truck...wait for it...wait for it..."YOU WANTED THE BEST"... Watcha ya'll think?

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanx to SWAGGER, I had to cut the sleeper doors. And i'm thinking about cutting the storage compartment door's also...if my fingers hold out. I'll have to make new door's because again, I drilled out as much as I could, and then the ol' hobby knife.

Thanx for looking, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

HAHA its like the shirt i have saying "3 of the 4 voices in my head said to do it" and majority wins right looks great!! i like the idea of drilling out as much as you can.. faster then how i allways do it of all with the knife then i slip once and have to start all over
So does this mean you are going to detail the bunk now? or just put tinted windows in? either way i think itll look good
Old 05-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
HAHA its like the shirt i have saying "3 of the 4 voices in my head said to do it" and majority wins right looks great!! i like the idea of drilling out as much as you can.. faster then how i allways do it of all with the knife then i slip once and have to start all over
So does this mean you are going to detail the bunk now? or just put tinted windows in? either way i think itll look good
"3 of the 4 voices in my head said to do it" NOW THAT's FUNNY!!! Yes I am going to detail the bunk...thanx to SWAGGER And thankyou Aaron. I don't know about the storage compartment doors yet, have to give my fingers a break...not literaly though, lol.

Big John

Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I didn't even notice I have a five star rating on this truck. Whoever voted, I THANK YOU!!! It means more to me than you'll ever know. Man I love this forum.

Big John

Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 PM

diddys trucking is on a distinguished road

if i could could put 10 stars up i would Im just itchin to see more of this dip painting its going to look mental

Dave
Old 05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddys trucking View Post
if i could could put 10 stars up i would Im just itchin to see more of this dip painting its going to look mental

Dave
Thankyou Dave for the kind words. and i'm going to get all of the cutting done before I do more body work, 'cause I really don't like to do things twice if I can avoid it...KNOW WHAT I MEAN???

Big John

Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm going to tell you all that i've been asked that when this truck-trailer is done, a very nice gentleman wants to put this in his magazine. WOW!!! What an honor, and I was really taken back by this and touched deeply. Now I can't let up now on this build. As the old saying goes, "PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL".

Big John

Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

LMAO! Sorry for being a voice in your head John, but it's turning out to be well worthy of a magazine feature, so well done on that. You will be so happy with it when it's finished with no regrets because you will have done all you can do with it and not left anything out. This will be a truly unique machine.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

How many hours of sanding do you think you have left to straiten up the lines and get it ready for paint?

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
LMAO! Sorry for being a voice in your head John, but it's turning out to be well worthy of a magazine feature, so well done on that. You will be so happy with it when it's finished with no regrets because you will have done all you can do with it and not left anything out. This will be a truly unique machine.
No prob Steve, if it wasn't your voice, it might be one I don't want, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
How many hours of sanding do you think you have left to straiten up the lines and get it ready for paint?

Travis
Travis, i'm not real sure, but i'm going to guess maybe eight-ten...lord I hope not. But if it is, i'll just have to do it.

Big John

Old 05-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well last night I made a door for the sleeper, got the hinge mounted, and put the door on. I opened the door and it only opened about 1/4 of the way. So I looked it over and relised the edge with the hinge was touching the frame edge. So I thought I could trim away just enough to get by...well I was WRONG!!! I messed it up so bad I don't want any pic's...but I can fix it. I decided to cut the door frames a little bigger, and that way when I open the doors you can see a little bit more of the sleeper interior...I guess it was a happy mistake.

Big John

Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Autocar is on a distinguished road

Stupid idea alert? how about makeing the lights flash with beat of the music weird I know but I had it like that in my car year ago.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocar View Post
Stupid idea alert? how about makeing the lights flash with beat of the music weird I know but I had it like that in my car year ago.
No, it's not a stupid idea But I am wondering on how to make the bands logo flash, or maybe a chasing affect, or even both...

Big John

Old 05-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This is my cat/shop foreman, Baby D. She told me I could have today off, but I have to work on Sunday with double time and a half. But isn't double time and a half X nothing still nothing??? BTW, she likes to pretend she's Gene Simmons sometimes.

Big John

Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
No, it's not a stupid idea But I am wondering on how to make the bands logo flash, or maybe a chasing affect, or even both...

Big John
Ill find the link on my computer. I think I know exactly what your looking for to do that and its pretty low cost. Once I find it ill pm it to ya
Old 05-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Apprentice

I don't think you are allowed to post live ebay links on here unless they are your own, but if you go to an auto parts store, just get one of those LED wands, they are 12V obviously, but might work. I bought a set years ago never used them. They just flash in time with sound, picked up by an internal mic. Quickest and easiest way to do it. They change color too. Could could fit between chassis rails or whatever, depending on what size you get.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Ill find the link on my computer. I think I know exactly what your looking for to do that and its pretty low cost. Once I find it ill pm it to ya
Thanx Aaron, i'll be waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
I don't think you are allowed to post live ebay links on here unless they are your own, but if you go to an auto parts store, just get one of those LED wands, they are 12V obviously, but might work. I bought a set years ago never used them. They just flash in time with sound, picked up by an internal mic. Quickest and easiest way to do it. They change color too. Could could fit between chassis rails or whatever, depending on what size you get.
Steve, i've already have the 12V led's for under the truck and trailer. What i'm wanting is identical to the bands logo. If you have ever seen it in "action", then you will know what i'm after.

Big John

Old 05-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Apprentice

What if you cut out the logo in styrene and just put the lights behind it?

Or do you mean this kind of thing?
http://photobucket.com/images/flashing%20kiss%20logo/

That might require some electronics genius to create a little pcb.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Apprentice

More Kiss logos:
http://photobucket.com/images/kiss%20logo/

Flashing LED Kiss pin badge - Could be useful?
http://www.kollectingkiss.com/index....oducts_id=1319

Random Kiss light up goodies:
http://www.everythingkiss.com/BustsA...t/LightUp.html