RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

I never thought I'd do this. None of my electronics are waterproof , almost -20C outside , no idea how Lipos handle cold but my backyard path that leads to the tarp garage which constantly needs snow cleared ( nothing like the east coast, I feel for them) is a nice smooth, solid path to drive on!
Can you tell Im dying for spring to arrive? ... But from rc truck perspective , the snowbanks are as high as the east coast and spring may never come!

As Dwayne said to me..... Looks like a rc bobsled run!

http://youtu.be/uPKfIZfysj0
Old 02-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

That is awesome!! Looks like out west after a heavy snow.

On the lipo thing, they don't like cold, they will be fine but might not preform well. Keep em warm inside before going out they will be fine. Actually best performance is around 100F. Just don't exceed 140F. But the chemistry of a lipo has a bit to do with it also, a fully charged lipo (cold) can damage itself if heated up as the internal chemistry will react with a warming battery and may overcharge itself, bad, that can cause fire. Not to alarm you but don't charge a frozen battery to full charge. Some people freez lipos for storage. I don't recommend that, just a cool dry place.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 AM

Gibbs98 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I never thought I'd do this. None of my electronics are waterproof , almost -20C outside , no idea how Lipos handle cold but my backyard path that leads to the tarp garage which constantly needs snow cleared ( nothing like the east coast, I feel for them) is a nice smooth, solid path to drive on!
Can you tell Im dying for spring to arrive? ... But from rc truck perspective , the snowbanks are as high as the east coast and spring may never come!

As Dwayne said to me..... Looks like a rc bobsled run!

http://youtu.be/uPKfIZfysj0
Nice video of truck running on snow.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:54 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
(Couldn't help it)

Inexperienced operator, needs no creature comforts in equipment and will work for peanuts.
starting wage for him penuts then wallnuts and finaly cachew lol
Old 02-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's been a long time since I posted any videos of my wife's truck n trailer. I just recently got a couple pails worth of ground rubber and figured it was time to load our Izzy built trailer..." Very carefully " were Susan's exact conditions and words.

http://youtu.be/CzvqX0MzAUk

http://youtu.be/O5_3UMxahUo

You would almost think SHE was the one who polished the **** thing! Lol
Old 02-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally time to take the dump truck apart and install some upgrades!
Adding a PMD 4:1 gru, high torq steer servo and metal horn, shape ways front cross member and a new sound unit.
This quickly turned into a major tear down and find myself cursing at the way I put it together! I ran wires through holes in crossmember thinking neat and tucked away but also hard wired so I'm on the verge of gutting and start all over!

Here's the new bumper mount and I'm really liking how it tucks the bumper up to the fenders nicely.

Thanks to Regs dump box design , replacing a steer servo is simple along with setting up shifting, steering, driveline issues, etc

The 4:1 ready to go.....

Starting to put it back together and I'm feeling more optimistic about getting it right again without a rewire.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Looking good Mario!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got a good birds nest under da hood! Lol!! I can't tell you how many times I've soldered things up only to realize I missed a wire placement or wrong wires!!! Hate that!! Love the truck stand you got from reg!! And the pic with the 4:1 was just what I needed as I think I need to instal one of them, and wasn't sure on clearances, thanks!! Your truck is going to be even better than it already was. Looks like we are going to have a bit more winter than wanted so good downtime build time. .
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Looking good Mario!
Thanks Reg. It's because of you this truck exists in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
the pic with the 4:1 was just what I needed as I think I need to instal one of them, and wasn't sure on clearances, thanks.
There was some trimming and moving to make this fit RW. If your using the stock Tamiya cab floor plate, one of the webs has to be ground down to clear the gru. And the crossmember is now just a floater and slid back from the mounted position. If you zoom in on the right side fuel tank, you can just see where the holes for the mount are. Pretty much perpendicular to the front edge of fuel tank. That's one of the crossers I ran wires through!. And to remove the thing was just too much more of a tear down so I just slid it back, removed the fuel tank screws, drilled through the web of the crossmember and reinstalled the fuel tank screw to hold it in place.

Here's testing of the GRU using a stock Tamiya pinion gear , LRP truck puller3 motor and the 4:1

http://youtu.be/cOaePHjx6a8

And I got the wiring cleaned up a bit lastnight. Almost ready to throw the body back on. Most of the time I complain RX leads are too short but with all the long leads from the light and sound unit in this day cab it's a challenge to fit them somewhere. Lesson learned . Next time I'll cut to length.
Afterall, this truck did start out as a spare parts build.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Looks like fun Mario, now I know what I get to look forward too when I get around to putting the electronics in my dump!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Looks like fun Mario, now I know what I get to look forward too when I get around to putting the electronics in my dump!
like the old saying...." Pictures just don't do it justice, it looks better in person.

But then again, I was looking at Tamiya Cowboys hot iron build earlier and I'm just amazed at his clean, professional wiring job in the sleeper
Even premacon or scale art don't do it that nice!

Anyway, all that matters.... The cab covers it nice and comes on and off real easy
Old 02-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

I have admit I do like Regs truck lift and your wiring is neat . I will have to up my skills . Looks good Mario
Old 02-27-2015, 07:16 AM
Green Horn

thebat is on a distinguished road

mario the dump truck looks good buddy keep up the great work and oh yeah black passion and that izzy end dump is gorgeous i love how much you polished it to a mirror ghaha great rigs bro.

Keep On Rollin.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm glad you like

I wanted to share the new look of the front bumper now that it's tucked back more. Looks much better I'd say.

The mount from shape ways. Goose19.

I'm really happy with the super slow and smooth speed I can maneuver with and the top speed is nice and safe.

http://youtu.be/Hj_nRp54QzI

http://youtu.be/JaXSujWOWfk
Old 02-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow! That's one of my favorite looking trucks!! And not brown nosein' because I got a hat!! Lol!!! ( still clean and guarded!) the speed is perfect, I have my dump geared down and it is really nice to be able to use the whole range of radio when in the dirt. Looks like you may need to build a sweeper head for the loader. Lol!!! The one project I got prior approval for was the sweater truck build (forget off hand who did that). Looking good Mario!!!! Can't wait till spring now!!!!

Last edited by Cooper; 02-28-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Sweeper head not sweater head, lol!!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Nice work Mario, the GRU makes a big difference!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:12 AM
Green Horn

thebat is on a distinguished road

i like how that bumper mount trucks that right up to the fenders will be on my list of parts for my next build keep up the great work.

Keep On Rollin.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's been awhile but I just started doing some maintenance on the black Pete today. I looked back in this thread and it was March 2013 when the cab was dropped on the truck one last time and done. Has not been off till now. Almost like opening up a time capsule of sorts. I look at my wiring nightmare, I see what I did then and I think about how I would do it now. Amazing how much we learn and change from the early days in the hobby
No issues, just want to inspect the tranny, gru and axles. I was new at this when I built it, all I used was the tamiya grease that came in the kits so it's time to re grease!
Also gives me the chance to add the new front bumper mount to bring the bumper back like the one in my dump truck.

Lots of miles on it, the wife and I walked our neighbourhood countless times , RC shows, backyard fun and all looks good !

Old 01-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looking at the inside of that tranny makes me think I should crack mine open and clean the out
Old 01-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Thanks for all the kind words and compliments everyone.
All this talk of how the fleet is growing made me think of something.....
time for a new fleet picture! I haven't done this in a long time and kinda freaks me out as I look back.

August 29th 2012......

Ive said it many times before, Im a RC addict! do you believe me now?

Mario
Awesome fleet Mario I'm blown away your machines all look great! How many years have you been building at your fleet ?