RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Tracked Utility Vehicles

Tracked Utility Vehicles Snow,Mud or just plan dirt if it has tracks it goes here.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Snowcat with winch line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFqvavlk1k

Joe
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Snowcat with winch line

Thats cool!!! Makes me want to buy one of those kits..... They look fun i just dont get enough guaranteed snow anymore
Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

dabears:

Tracked ATV's can be used for lots of things. I've seen local ones that have drill rigs on their load beds, think they are Bombardiers, but wouldn't bet on it. Seen 'em in use year-round... makes a good, stable, low-ground-pressure equipment platform. They are also used up north where there can be snow one day, or mushy permafrost the next.

Heck, you don't HAVE to think of them as ~snow~ machines. Heck, they are great on the beach, and won't bog in grass... The Activ Fischer Snow-Trac model was bought by Saudi Arabia because it was great on sand...

They dinna use the ones in the '82 version of The Thing (just sat in 'em) but showed them to good use in the 2011 remake (Thiokol made the Sprite & Imp) and Kässbohrer PB's were used in AvP #1 - all those different load-beds!

Heck, a Thiokol chassis was used for the Robinson'd crawler in the Lost in Space series way back!

And then there is the ones you see in the X-files movie, when he heads south to rescue Scully (when Mulder goes north chasing the alien-assassin, he rents a 'Rolligon' - large-tire/low-inflation vehicle) Looked like a Tucker, and a fleet of Kässbohrer PB's.

Research it, you might decide to get one after all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_grooming
Old 03-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

The snow groomers are pretty cool. I am itching to get a nice one like on the Tobias Breaker video that is posted on the first thread. I have a couple of the Kyosho Blizzards for my kids. I added some lights and a Sabre tooth speed control. Good enough for my kids to beat them up in the snow. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aknu2I-xT34

Yes we love anything with snow. So the Pistenbully may be in my future. I was wondering if you or anyone would have the right place to contact for the right one... A nice one. Not a Kyosho Blizzard. I am guessing that Tobias Breaker might be doing something with them since he has a bunch of videos on them. So I am going to do some research this summer and hopefully next winter have one. I am seasoned on most of the construction machines as for where to get them, along with parts, and modifications, but know very little when it comes to the Pistenbully (Snow CAT or Snow Groomer)
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
The snow groomers are pretty cool. I am itching to get a nice one like on the Tobias Breaker video that is posted on the first thread. I have a couple of the Kyosho Blizzards for my kids. I added some lights and a Sabre tooth speed control. Good enough for my kids to beat them up in the snow. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aknu2I-xT34

Yes we love anything with snow. So the Pistenbully may be in my future. I was wondering if you or anyone would have the right place to contact for the right one... A nice one. Not a Kyosho Blizzard. I am guessing that Tobias Breaker might be doing something with them since he has a bunch of videos on them. So I am going to do some research this summer and hopefully next winter have one. I am seasoned on most of the construction machines as for where to get them, along with parts, and modifications, but know very little when it comes to the Pistenbully (Snow CAT or Snow Groomer)
Thanks,
Eddie

I have a whole bunch of links to RC Pistenbully manufacturers. I'll post them when I get back home.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 03-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Green Horn

Hi, thanks, no hurry, take your time.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I was originally going to buy one of the following, but have pursued other builds do to the lack of snow. I figured I'd be better off with something I could use year round. I my still get one someday.

http://www.pistenking.com/index2.php

http://www.igam-online.org/index.html

http://www.pb400.com/

The pb400 site is my model of choice if I were to get one. Peter was great to speak with via email.

I used google translate to convert to English.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Green Horn

Yes I hear you when it comes to lack of snow. I am in Nebraska. Sometimes we get a good snow season and sometimes it is well below ave. I plowed snow for 12 years and got tired of the winter ups and downs. Now I don't plow snow, I can actually enjoy it. The snow groomer is definitely in my future. The Kyosho Blizzard SR's were a good starter to see what they are about. But there is no comparison to the upscale model that I (and you) will get someday. So for now it has been $ going to my construction equipment. I have many additions and mods to what I already have.
Thanks for the info. I have purchased some beacons direct from Pistenking. But I have been very confused with the websites as for if they sell a complete kit, or if they sell some of the parts, etc... Yes I constantly use the Google translate. But still some of those snow groomer sites have been confusing.
So, I will hopefully get some research in this summer and then see what I can come up with.
Talk to you later and thank you for your help.
Eddie
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Green Horn

Ben, by the way, I love the ScaleArt Track loader. Very nice. I own a ScaleArt 8x8 3 way tipper and I have always wanted the Track loader. But I will have to settle for the Carson track loader. That will be in the future someday as well as a snow groomer,,, I hope.....
Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 AM

DaBomb6988 is on a distinguished road

Cool video
Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

LOL we need that in SK!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM

Busydad is on a distinguished road

The hydro people use them year round for replacing and maintaining poles and wiring in any area that won't support the trucks..They have telescopic boom or brush clearing equipment mounted..
Old 01-03-2016, 06:20 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

it`s hard to find them for purchasing, but RC snow groomers are awesome! on some farms, they use snow groomers to push silage around in silos.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Here's another video

http://youtu.be/TkHsE13rIVE
Old 04-10-2016, 05:40 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

Looks great!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

That's a really neat idea they had there.