RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
Looking at the ESP32 myself, just a million other projects to finish first...
I can definitely relate to that!

So here's why I didn't bother with putting the new diff grease into the TLT front axle. Lesu locking diff with a 2.6:1 ratio. It's narrow so the tires will tuck as far as I want, they bolt up to the F350 leaf springs I'm using, they're shorter in height which will lower the ride height a bit, and with the option of an open diff and higher steering angle, it should turn much sharper. That being said, the narrow width of the axle means the tires will get into the leaf springs. Add spacers to gain more throw and the scrub radius increases, possibly causing fender clearance issues. We'll see, though! Time for test fitting soon.

Here it is with the diff lock cable attached. It also included a tie rod, which I wasn't expecting. Nice!

It's substantially narrower than the TLT it's replacing.

I almost forgot this came with my axle order! I'm really excited about the level of detail this unit will add. I think it looks pretty amazing.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:19 AM
Green Horn

With that narrower Lesu front axle the tires tuck waaaaay more than before. And this is shown with wheels that have much less backspacing than the ones I've been using. I would actually like to space them out a bit more. The issue is the scrub radius is pretty bad and at full lock the tires get into the back/inside of the fenders. I either need to do some clearancing and/or raise the fenders up a bit.

Loving the new AC unit!

And I've got a bit of good news to report on the ESP32 sound unit. I have it operating the lights like it should, but am working on the sound now. Fingers crossed I can get it all working properly!
Old 04-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Green Horn

Meet Fred.

Last edited by Tommy R; 04-26-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:16 AM
Green Horn

So I hit a bit of a milestone yesterday. You see, a very daunting task that's been lingering over my head is the wiring for the lights for this truck. And that was on hold while I determine what solution I want for the light/sound unit. I was working on the DIYGuy999's homemade unit, but I haven't fully figured that one out just yet. I'm not giving up on it, but in the meantime decided to try a Beier USM-RC-2 sound/light unit. Since it's an off-the-shelf unit and available in the US through Bob at Hobby Concepts, I figured I'd try it out.

WOW! This thing is powerful! It can do so much. It took me awhile to learn it and get it all sorted, but I managed to make it happen and I'm super excited about it! What does that mean for the truck? Well, it means I can finally start wiring everything up and begin......dare I say it......final assembly??

Yeah, yeah....I know no project is ever "done", but you know what I mean. I also have a few more goodies for the truck that I'll be installing along the way. I'm so stoked to have this thing finally nearing completion!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Green Horn

In the process of wiring lights, it dawned on me that I never shared what I'd done with the dash lights. I did pretty much what Bob from Hobby Concepts does.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

I'm loving the lighted dash!
Old 06-02-2021, 08:10 AM

Benni is on a distinguished road

It's amazing what a couple of LEDs can do...