RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie

As Joe said, trim the tabs with a razor knife, they'll fit.

I am currently using the FlySky 10 channel radio.

I've heard people say you can upgrade the FS6 to be a 10ch radio. I've also heard horror stories of people that have tried that upgrade & boogered their radio. Boogered it so bad that it locked up & never functioned again.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:28 AM

Sarge261 is on a distinguished road

Thanks,

Ill look into the Flysky and see where I can pick 1 up from. I was looking at the Futaba 10 channel as well. I do have the Tamiya Multifunction controller kit already so I was hoping a 6 channel would be ok but sounds like maybe its not enough.

Sarge
Old 01-03-2019, 04:54 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

You look in the electronics tech forum, there's threads in there of ppl who programmed DX6 radios to work with the MFU.

Frysky... cheap chinese radios... I had a 9ch once, half the programming didn't work & a glitchy pos it was... to the burning barrel it went.

Joe
Old 01-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You look in the electronics tech forum, there's threads in there of ppl who programmed DX6 radios to work with the MFU.

Frysky... cheap chinese radios... I had a 9ch once, half the programming didn't work & a glitchy pos it was... to the burning barrel it went.
The new improved Flysky radios are much gooder! I have an older version a friend gave me to use. It, like you said was very glitchy. When the truck was sitting for more than a minute or two to get loaded, it'd sometimes drive itself away from the jobsite! With the FSiA6 model I no longer have issues like that.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

FRysky and FLysky are both different companies that make cheap chinese radios. They both seem to deserved bashed on stuff, but make sure it's right company
Old 01-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road

I'm very happy with my cheap 16 channel FrSky Taranis X Q7 so far. It comes with the option of self centering on both sticks just by turning a screw. It's definitely not as user friendly as many other radios, but almost everything on it can be programmed.

As you have discovered, the Tamiya MFU's were designed for older radios with analog stick trims, but can be used by utilizing the dual rates feature of computer radios with digital trims. DX6 should be no exception.
Here's the thread for setting up dx6i with mfu
http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3535

And here's a couple of video tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaf0FtS6Ms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpez59uvSzc

Disclaimer: I do not own an MFU

Last edited by Wombii; 01-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:51 PM

Thank You Wombii,

That's the help I was looking for. Somehow after hours of searching the forum I missed that thread. Looks like I have some work to do this weekend. The trucks a roller now so It'd be nice to see it move.

Sarge
Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Finally making a little progress on the truck. I did get the DX6 programmed and sync'd with the Tamiya module. I have most functions working but I need to figure out how to make the shift servo stay with out having to hold the throttle stick left or right. I was also having a rough time trying to get the truck to reverse, but figured that out by accident.

At this point I guess its time to choose colors and begin priming, base coat and clear coating. As soon as I can figure out how to set up an image host and post pictures I will.

Sarge