RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road
Default My steel truck

hey guys, this is my new month old job. pretty jammy work really, would be better if U.S. Steel would get shipping again, but the time at home has progressed my build alot! lol this setup is good for about 50 ton on the deck.

73,000lb coil unloading at the cold roll line. from here they typically get galvanized.

also get to drag lumber around,

thanks for looking!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My steel truck

hey allen whatever gives you more time for hobbies works great...nice long cornfield cadillac you got there ,whats in it for power
Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
hey allen whatever gives you more time for hobbies works great...nice long cornfield cadillac you got there ,whats in it for power
not enough! lol
has an isx cummins, set @ 480 or something. i have one of the better pulling ones as it was rebuilt, but i could sure use a few more ponies under there.

needless to say, i get passed alot
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Allen, where you loading those coils? Man oh man, that place looks a lot cleaner and newer than the ESSAR steel plant here in the Sault.! That place is dirty and black as night inside I don't know how the guys can see anything when backing in!.... I think they do it by feel, not by sight lol

Ya, the steel ain't moving....there are coils in the yard as far as the eye can see! That reminds me.... I gotta get some pics, never seen that much steel on the property!
Mario

Last edited by Supermario; 10-21-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Allen, where you loading those coils? Man oh man, that place looks a lot cleaner and newer than the ESSAR steel plant here in the Sault.! That place is dirty and black as night inside I don't know how the guys can see anything when backing in!.... I think they do it by feel, not by sight lol

Ya, the steel ain't moving....there are coils in the yard as far as the eye can see! That reminds me.... I gotta get some pics, never seen that much steel on the property!
Mario
that is U.S.Steel in hamilton (used to be Stelco). now the u.s.s. runs it there are vac trucks and other "contractors" in the way to clean and mantain the facility whereas before it was all done in house, hence the "cleanliness" levels lol.

i pick up alot of essar/algoma steel at another warehouse in Hamilton too, and deliver it to mississauga. comes from the sault to hamilton by rail, then we move it 40 miles by truck.