RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 05-31-2015, 05:56 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
The forum's lack of participation over the last few yrs or so is (imo) in large part b/c of the overall negativity in general... this forum seems to go through fits every so often about how expensive it can be... "why should something so small cost so much?!"

I don't work for minimum wage & I highly suspect the educated ppl who work with cnc machines, have the ability to do custom fabrication, &/or to organise kits or parts for sell, do either. They shouldn't anyway.

The "you could buy a real one for that!" comments are just retarded & don't do this hobby any good.

I know there's ppl out there with bigger collections than what I have with far more sophisticated models than what I run, but they won't participate on forums b/c they just don't want to wade through the drama of ppl judging them for what they spent.

So think about that before you run your mouth about what others choose of their own free will to spend. Not all of us have ready access to tools, materials & custom shops to build whatever we want.

AMEN! Probably the smartest thing anyone has said on here.... since we are on the topic of negativities, since a forum is meant to bring ppl of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds, certain things on here should even exist like the "infamous" build of the month.... when i joined this forum i nominated one of my builds and wondered why so many tallented ppl werent doing the same....? I soon found out.... its not about voting for the truck that trully is the "best" or "well put together" its a POPULARITY contest.... its about who you know and who your "cool" with.... correct me if im wrong but its always other ppl nominating builds and not the actual owner...why? Because no one wants to put up a build that should or could have won this "contest" and lose to a truck or vehicle that is sub par in all aspects..... the build of the month foesnt encourage ppl it actually makes this worse.... Mo matter how you slice it, its a "COMPETITION" when there is a winner and a loser so how is that supposed to bring ppl together? Personally when you when its cool and when you lose it aucks but i dont need a B.O.T.M. to tell me how good or bad my stuff is, im very confident in my abilities like many on here are, but not everyone else is.... the seasoned vets have aquired a tough skin for things like this but, what type of example are we setting for the new comers? Just my .02 cents....
Old 05-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I like purple...
Old 05-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I like purple...
Im more of a red guy..
Old 05-31-2015, 06:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive RC View Post
Im more of a red guy..
Hahaha! Sorry, I was a teenager in the early 90's...

I just thought we were all saying what we didn't like so I would share something I liked. Chocolate ice cream is my favorite!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Hahaha! Sorry, I was a teenager in the early 90's...

I just thought we were all saying what we didn't like so I would share something I liked. Chocolate ice cream is my favorite!

I can agree lol, chocolate was my fav until i was introduced to cookies n cream
Old 05-31-2015, 06:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive RC View Post
I can agree lol, chocolate was my fav until i was introduced to cookies n cream
Oh yeah! Yummie!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

That's was my first point ...not all have skills and expensive 3d print machines or cnc machines to make parts ...i do what i can and the rest i get made if i can afford it ..if not then i just do the best i can and everyone needs to stop the competition and build and post what please's you most ...And for the record i nominated my very first build ..Zeus and thought afterwards i will not nominate mine anymore because i did not join this forum to compete with anybody just to have fun ,which is probably why most don't nominate their own builds
Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Well done Dwayne.... Kudos my friend I absolutely agree with you.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:39 PM

Mawler1 is on a distinguished road

I've had my Dollies Dissed, as I used Pole trailers that are shortened and lowered... well took a look at them and saw that they looked like Dollies when you take the swingy thing off the top of the back...

but most people love them, so it's all good...

I sometimes think my Knight hauler could have done with an extra coat of paint in certain light conditions... but I'm happy with it...

and '85 anyone that says negative comments usually jealous or what they can't achieve themselves...
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

My 2 cents on the topic .....

As long as the one who owns it is happy we all should be happy for them. Complex, fancy, simple, make believe, realistic, un usual or famous it's all still the basis of what's keeps us happy and sane. I have Re built several trucks several times to get it just the way I want. I like others thoughts and suggestions because I like to share and learn (not the easiest for me btw). But even the most cut and pasted truck is kool in its own right.
The unfortunate part is that the models become an expression of ourself. A thought, a memory a diversion from day to day issues. And with that even a well meant comment can feel negative, intrusive or demeaning. We all know this hobby is expensive. Most times pull off a custom feature is nerve racking. To have an end result we are not too ashamed of is a feat all by itself - i've been there many times. Get up close to my stuff and you will find out it has a good bit of flaws, and filler.

So we all just need to learn that others my come across as mean or hurtful when maybe their P.C. filter is all clogged up, and it just all came out wrong.

So play nice - and by that i mean to say. Spend the extra 2 minutes to think about how to type that thought and give that extra sentence or two to give a 'why' or to compliment on what you like rather than pick apart someone's hard efforts. I think that unless they are asking for critics then they are simply posting what they are doing to encourage others to try something themselves.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Well said Izzy. You hit the nail on the head. in the past, before all this internet , email, texting stuff, people spoke to each other and as you heard the person you could tell by the tone what they are trying to say.
This age of social media, face book , texting.... there is no life or expression in typed words. Countless arguments and disputes have been caused by this all over the net.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:06 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Criticizing peoples builds

I've read the comments in this thread and maintain my old adage: "You don't tell me what to do in my (yard, hobby, etc.) and I won't tell you what to do in yours!"
If you ask me my opinion then I'll gladly give you an honest answer.

I just think this hobby is to be FUN!
This is our "FUN PLACE", a hobby meant to allow us to escape from the everyday pressures that plague us at work, home, school, or anywhere else for that matter.

If you build a "stock" Tamiya truck - be proud and post a photo. We all had to begin learning our talents somewhere, and this is the beginning.

The "modified" trucks/construction equipment are always great to see.
If there are more than one that are built to resemble "famous equipment", then the slight differences give them individual character.
Just think how boring the world would be if everyone had the exact same items - may as well go to Wal-Mart and buy in bulk, hand them out, and then be really proud.

NOT ME, I build every truck to be it's own interpretation. Each is an individual, unique build inspired by my minds-eye.

Now, let's get back to building & posting photos of those builds.

Remember - HAVE FUN!!!

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 07-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road

Ok ok I havent been on in some time and see I have missed a few things lol. I joined this hobby about 5 years ago with a friend of mine and at first was thrilled but as time went on we noticed alot of petty B.S. and jealiousy towards certain people and their builds. I for one build what I want and how I want it done. I dont post picks of any of my builds because people feel they have the right to bash people. It is a shame that as grown men and women who should know better and should be setting an example for the younger crowd are acting like little Fu@#ing Kids.....For those of you who have nothing nice to say about the builds you see and feel the need to bash for no reason I got something for you.
You are nothing but a lonely pathetic Azz@#le who has no life and should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror you piece of crap. I will be at Indy this year if you want to continue this in person. I am tired of reading negative things lately it is a shame.....

TONY
Old 07-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road

Btw 1985 kenworth i love your builds fu&$ these azz&9&es

tony
Old 07-15-2015, 04:26 PM

Animal is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Criticizing peoples builds

I have to Agree with what's being said here. I've been in the hobby for 30+ yrs., and when I found this site after building my Globe Liner, I was really happy to find a place to communicate with others about the hobby, as I don't know anyone very close to me that I can get together with easily. Lately though I've spent less and less time on the forum because of the drama. I get enough of that at work. It's gotten to the point that I even shelved my Globe and haven't touched in in months. It's not just the people that cut down other builds for one reason or another, recently someone posted a question and a personal opinion about an item, and not only did he get what I consider a bit of a nasty reply from a (company rep), others seemed to gang up on him. The thread was closed by the time I read it, but I sent a personal message of support and offered a possible solution for his question. That is what I believe this forum is for, NOT attacking someone's build or question. As for the build of the month, I was disappointed here that it may have been being tampered with, and although I respect the decision of the mods to end it, I feel that it should have been put to a vote by the forum members. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest.

On the lighter side, my favorite color is charcoal, preferably under a nice steak, and my favorite ice cream is rum raisin.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
recently someone posted a question and a personal opinion about an item, and not only did he get what I consider a bit of a nasty reply from a (company rep), others seemed to gang up on him.
I'm sorry if you felt my reply to him was nasty. I have re-read my first answer to him and it was on point and precise. I wanted to leave it at that, I did not want to get into a heated debate on facts that are obviously there. The gentlemen refused to see the facts.

My goal on this forum, is for the love of the hobby as I am a builder as well. I want to make sure our customers have the correct facts and not someone's opinion on the facts.

Someone's opinion if a product is good or bad is fine and I can respect that. But when you are making false claims about something like false advertising, I as a representative and enthusiast can not let someone taint another persons possible enjoyment.

I started out thinking he was just unclear on some items, but after I made it very clear he continued on as though he did not care what I said and had an agenda.

Again, I apologize if you felt my reply was "nasty" that was not my intention. If you take the time to re-read my first reply to him you will see that.

I have the utmost respect for everyone here and enjoy all of your beautiful work. I am just like the rest of you a builder and enjoy the hobby, no other reason to work here.

Peace out,

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:50 PM

I reread you're reply, and I was referring to the fact that he asked about the instructions not indicating a way to modify the system so fenders could be used, not removed. You're second reply included a scan from the instructions, but again this indicates only that the fenders have to be removed. I believe his comment, that it should indicate this issue on the box, was if it had he may not have bought it. I relate this to a computer game I bought not to long ago. No where on the box did it state that I would have to create an account on a host site to install and play it, if it had I would not have bought it. I'm planning to get a Grand hauler myself, and I would have been pissed if I open the box to find one of my favorite features of it can't be used. Fortunately I'm already using the SS-Tronix system in my globe and don't need the stock mechanism for the legs. Many people have had issues with the system for the legs most commonly I think would be that it sticks or gets jammed at times, and that you have to lineup straight on for it to work, yet it's been unchanged for how many years now and no one gave those people a hard time about reading the instructions. My suggestion for replying to threads in which people voice their opinions about an item is maybe something like "I see your point, and I'll pass that on to the designers so they can work on a way to possibly remedy it". My main reason for mentioning it in the earlier post was that he posted a tread to express his feelings about a product, not a person. Yet a few people jumped on him for it. Would you blame him if he never posted on this forum again. We should be here to support each other. As I said before I love Tamiya, but even I at times as I'm building a kit, think "What were they thinking". Ask me about the new Honda City Turbo (Willy's Wheeler rerelease)some time.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
I reread you're reply, and I was referring to the fact that he asked about the instructions not indicating a way to modify the system so fenders could be used, not removed. You're second reply included a scan from the instructions, but again this indicates only that the fenders have to be removed. I believe his comment, that it should indicate this issue on the box, was if it had he may not have bought it. I relate this to a computer game I bought not to long ago. No where on the box did it state that I would have to create an account on a host site to install and play it, if it had I would not have bought it. I'm planning to get a Grand hauler myself, and I would have been pissed if I open the box to find one of my favorite features of it can't be used. Fortunately I'm already using the SS-Tronix system in my globe and don't need the stock mechanism for the legs. Many people have had issues with the system for the legs most commonly I think would be that it sticks or gets jammed at times, and that you have to lineup straight on for it to work, yet it's been unchanged for how many years now and no one gave those people a hard time about reading the instructions. My suggestion for replying to threads in which people voice their opinions about an item is maybe something like "I see your point, and I'll pass that on to the designers so they can work on a way to possibly remedy it". My main reason for mentioning it in the earlier post was that he posted a tread to express his feelings about a product, not a person. Yet a few people jumped on him for it. Would you blame him if he never posted on this forum again. We should be here to support each other. As I said before I love Tamiya, but even I at times as I'm building a kit, think "What were they thinking". Ask me about the new Honda City Turbo (Willy's Wheeler rerelease)some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyvet View Post
Almost twenty year's ago I built the King Hauler. I figured after that many year's since my last Semi build, that Tamiya would still be awesome.
If you ask me, IMO, I think they might be dropping the ball a little.
The King Hauler had very few part's that required glue, and after it was done everything seemed to work like it should.
I built the Grand Hauler and posted my pic's. I don't recall having to use so much glue. If they are going to have hop ups like motorized legs and such, why not make sure that it work's without messing up my aluminum fender's?
At least state in the directions how to modify the build so a feller can use the part's that made him want the model in the first place.

The MCU-01 is really nice with all the sound's and gizmo's, but why make it so fragile that it cannot handle 5-10 even thirty more low volt led's? When you consider the cost of the MCU-01,it seems to me you could at least use the interior that come's with the $300 - $400 kit.
So far, the only thing I am impressed with with the Grand Hauler is the large metal stack's...that being said, the King Hauler is still King.
As far as the reefer trailer, don't even get me started on the plastic side's...
Wedico may very well be my next truck.

Joe did point out that the directions do state that the fenders will not work with the support legs and showed where in the directions. His aluminum fenders were not part of the kit. If he still wants to use the fenders then raise the fifth wheel and add thicker pads to the bottom of the support legs to match. The whole point is here if you add a modification don’t complain because it does not work ask for suggestions on how to make the aftermarket parts work with the stock kit. There was no misleading here if you follow the directions and keep it stock the parts will work together.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am not going to get into a back and forth debate on this. I will leave it at this.

Product works as designed, legs are an option not mandatory. If you us the legs the manual clearly states you need to remove the fenders. Can you still use the fenders and legs? Yes there are ways to modify them, but we will not show you how as that is not a factory way it is done and it can very per options you use so the manual could end up being hundreds of pages long. That is why the internet and experienced builders here.

Could that have been put on box, yes so could the other hundreds of things we could find useful. I can tell you this, the manual was available online in PDF form a month before the truck box was available to be seen in person, I made sure the manual I was using for my build was scanned right away.

"What were they thinking", that can be said about a lot of things. When I build or look at some of our products, say to my self "I wonder why thy did that, I would have.." that is when I put my spin on things and do it my way. http://www.tamiyausa.com/ecorner/joe.php I kind of think this whole site and most of the hobby is this way. How many builds do you see that are stock down to the paint colors called out in the manual. I could go on and on...

I stated the facts, I never said they were on the box. I said where they were and took the time to document it for other users. If you care to browse our radio control tech tips, you will see that I spend alot of time building our product, modifying them to my taste and trying to help others. My goal is to help and have fun trading inspirations with you all. http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ar...sting.php?id=7

None of this is my job to do, I do it for the love of the hobby. I get pleasure sharing my work and when someone walks up to me at shows and says "I read your build article on X, and wanted to say thanks it really helped me".

I have run many forums like this on my own dime to promote the hobby and create a great resource for users and know the pains to keep the peace with different personalities, I know what the mods and admin go through. We should thank them for what they do to keep this a clean fun place to hang and share.

I apologize as I went way to long here.

Peace out,

Joe

-->

Old 07-16-2015, 12:32 AM

Red face Re: Criticizing peoples builds

I am hoping this is the last time I have to DEFEND myself for sharing my feelings. My problem was not so much with Joe, but with the others that chimed in with nothing productive or helpful to say. By that I'm referring to the statements that kept repeating the same thing "Read the instructions". those people are the ones I'm talking about. As I said in my original post, I would have posted a reply there with the same support and hopefully helpful advice that I sent him in a personal message. Now I'm getting the same thing people spouting off at me about reading the instructions.

Joe, I'm sorry If you felt like I was attacking you personally. That was not my intent ether. I have a lot of respect for you and all the people working to keep this form a fun and happy place. I also understand that not all the information can be put on the Box.

P.S. I am a little jealous though, I would love to work for Tamiya.