RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 12-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD and emails

Customer service, customer service!! People have to realize that there are big and small companies out there, and not every company has a little girl behind the phone/computer answering every question along with a mechanized prepping and boxing /assembly line. Just because an E-mail doesn't get answered in a timely manner or parts don't get delivered, "in what they think is an appropriate time frame, doesn't mean that company has "bad" customer service... Go to Wal-Mart, Cost Co or Sams and see how much customer service you get...

With the explosion of digital communication, "internet" and smart phones in every purse, people think that they should get attention immediately!!! People deserve a Life, At least I think I do!!!
Old 12-19-2015, 05:08 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
Customer service, customer service!! People have to realize that there are big and small companies out there, and not every company has a little girl behind the phone/computer answering every question along with a mechanized prepping and boxing /assembly line. Just because an E-mail doesn't get answered in a timely manner or parts don't get delivered, "in what they think is an appropriate time frame, doesn't mean that company has "bad" customer service... Go to Wal-Mart, Cost Co or Sams and see how much customer service you get...

With the explosion of digital communication, "internet" and smart phones in every purse, people think that they should get attention immediately!!! People deserve a Life, At least I think I do!!!
I am with you there, bigo. The issue here, with what we in our digitalized world see as slow email response, is likely due to low number of staff (keeping costs down). So, we all want to pay like 'zero' for our RC stuff, but we want top and quick service. Now...that's in fact often a difficult, if not impossible, combination.. Option if one want email replay within 48 hours rather than 8 days; Call (not email) Rc4WD and ask them to raise their prices 40% (who knows) for them to be able to afford a professional sitting at the customer service fulltime...) You want cheap stuff, you better be patient, or go to more expensive places and likely get emails replayed quicker
Well, at least they could have an automated 'honest' email replay, like; Thanks for you interest in our product/company, you email is received. In order to offer you the best prices, we don't have staff 100% dedicated to customer service, but our hard working staff will come back to you as soon as there is a chance. best wishes..' Haha, okay, yeah waiting for like 7-8 days for an replay, that's a bit long, I agree) Within 3-4 days it should be possible to give an replay, even if running a low cost operation. One should not be pushing the limit too long...but on the other hand, it also depends if a company is like 'single point of purchase' for an item, or they have a lot of competition...

Last edited by Rimrock; 12-19-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
I am with you there, bigo. The issue here, with what we in our digitalized world see as slow email response, is likely due to low number of staff (keeping costs down). So, we all want to pay like 'zero' for our RC stuff, but we want top and quick service. Now...that's in fact often a difficult, if not impossible, combination.. Option if one want email replay within 48 hours rather than 8 days; Call (not email) Rc4WD and ask them to raise their prices 40% (who knows) for them to be able to afford a professional sitting at the customer service fulltime...) You want cheap stuff, you better be patient, or go to more expensive places and likely get emails replayed quicker
Well, at least they could have an automated 'honest' email replay, like; Thanks for you interest in our product/company, you email is received. In order to offer you the best prices, we don't have staff 100% dedicated to customer service, but our hard working staff will come back to you as soon as there is a chance. best wishes..' Haha, okay, yeah waiting for like 7-8 days for an replay, that's a bit long, I agree) Within 3-4 days it should be possible to give an replay, even if running a low cost operation. One should not be pushing the limit too long...but on the other hand, it also depends if a company is like 'single point of purchase' for an item, or they have a lot of competition...

If your fine with that kind of customer service great I dont want to here about it when it hapens to you.

Ther are a lot of companies smaller and lager than RC4WD that we deal with on the forum and thay can all answer emails within 48hrs and thers no reason RC4WD can't

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-19-2015, 11:14 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
If your fine with that kind of customer service great I dont want to here about it when it hapens to you.

Ther are a lot of companies smaller and lager than RC4WD that we deal with on the forum and thay can all answer emails within 48hrs and thers no reason RC4WD can't
Well said travis,

I still haven't got a responce from them so it looks like I will have to get there products from someone else in the new year so it doesnt get stuck in transit over the holiday season..........

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Well I know there is bad customer service out there, I am just saying that It hasn't happened to me, with this company, and having owned two small businesses myself, I can understand the work involved with running a small business. I don't think this company is intentionally not ansewring E-Mails, but if they are, and If you guy's keep not getting your E-mails answered, the problem need's to be elevated to the owner/owners.

I just bought a $10, 000.00 machine from Premacon, of which I haven't recieved yet, and is three months late on being shipped and I am lucky to get a response to Half of my E-Mails, and I am not the only person.

Now do I get upset, you bet!! I understand that they (Premacon) have only 6 people in there shop, and one person running the logistics, and that there is a language barrier.

Cheers David
Old 12-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post

I just say one should not have too high expectations of many of these low cost internet shops when it comes to customer service, but no, I personally don't like waiting, understand you frustration.
It's a miracle they still are in business if they let most customers wait like 8 days...I guess most of the truck and construction equipment can be purchased other places.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
I just say one should not have too high expectations of many of these low cost internet shops when it comes to customer service, but no, I personally don't like waiting, understand you frustration.
It's a miracle they still are in business if they let most customers wait like 8 days...I guess most of the truck and construction equipment can be purchased other places.
Thing is I don't do just construction equipment and semi's. I do all things RC including scale trucks and crawlers so RC4WD is a good source for most of my builds and I have no other problem with them other than the customer service. On average I spend $2000 to $4000 with them each year on parts for all kinds of builds. What bugged me the most is receiving 6 automatically generated emails from them while waiting for their reply to my email.

To also set one thing strait I emailed there customer service email and not their general email they have two different emails so to expect them to read and respond to a customer service email in 48hrs is not out of the question.

If they are truly getting more customer service email than they can answer in a timely manner then they have a serious problem.

I work as a parts associate at a CAT dealer and if I did not at least respond to a customer email within 24 hours whether it was to give an answer or just let them know I am working on it I would be in big trouble not to mention feeling bad myself for the poor service. I pride myself in taking care of my customers.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Out of control

I like the RC4WD products but I am done buying directly from them. From now on I will just buy their stuff from a dealer due to a lack of customer service and shipping. $28 to ship a set of rims 3-8 days for delivery. We have UPS at work and I being in the parts department I use UPS all of the time so I checked today. A package from their zip to mine UPS next day air $18 but here is the issue it’s not coming from them its coming from their supplier in Japan so we are eating the import shipping as well.

I placed an order for a part that was in stock and after ordering it and paying they emailed and said it was not in stock and would refund my money. Ok I am good with them wanting to do the refund but I immediately replied at 6am and told them to just substitute the part with another part they had in stock (same price) that way I would not get dinged with another shipping charge to order a different set of rims. No reply till 4pm telling me they refined the money. So at this time rather pissed off I emailed them and simply said "does anybody read the email" to my shock and disbelief that email was responded to in less than 2 hrs. I was contacted by the same person that said they were refunding the money and I was told if I place another order for the rims to email them the order number and they would refund the shipping on that order so I promptly placed the order and emailed the order number and within an hour they refunded the shipping. We could have avoided all of this had they just responded to the original email.

I ordered a Trail finder 2 SWB kit from my LHS yesterday got it today and paid the same tax included as ordering direct but with no shipping. I am lucky enough if Tower or Horizon hobbies have it in stock I can get it the next day if ordered before 1pm through my LHS.

Ok my rant is over I am moving on.