RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road
Default hello from Indianapolis

Hello all!

Been meaning to join for awhile, needed to get some stuff to display first, and I work so slowly that it's taken some time to get a stash of pics to meter out here. Hopefully the picture-pasting isn't a hassle, I'm not a facebooker and I'm not giving $$ to photobucket for 3rd party hosting.

Was into RC in the mid 80s, then a few years ago scored a built/never run reproduction Tamiya Frog (my 2nd car, back in 1986?). It's amazing how cheap some of this this stuff is, Frogs and Hornets sell new now for the same dollar amount 30 years ago!

anyway -
I built a few crude trailers for the Frog to help the kids haul Lincoln Logs, and that wasn't satisfying enough, so I converted a blow-molded 1970s DBGM dumptruck to RC, then another trailer or 2, then a Bruder snowplow was converted into an RC semi-tractor.

I am now working on a decent flatbed for the Bruder tractor, with the hopes of developing it into a small-volume thing I can sell on ebay. Will be a combination of brass, aluminum and wood (I'm a die-hard woodworker and jumped into CNC about 4 years ago). I'm hoping for a more realistic appearance than the Tamiya flatbed, while steering clear of the flood of $600-800 Chinese aluminum construction trailers on ebay.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: hello from Indianapolis

Welcome to the forum. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions, the members on here are quite resourceful
Old 11-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hello from Indianapolis

Welcome aboard! I'd love to see a thread for your conversions.

Indiana is well represented here, and usually has several meets through the year.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road

NorthernFarmer -
I'm gonna need some help for sure at some point. I've had frustrations getting LED lighting to work properly, and my 4ch Flysky is terribly under-utilized vs its capability. Even though I'm a bit of a whiz at automotive wiring, this RC stuff leaves me at a loss - and I don't read the Chinese translations too well.

Frizzen -
Yeah, I had noticed a few IN folks, noticed your name in Indy, that was part of the reason for joining. I've never made the Indy hotel show, then read that it has gone defunct, but the Lebanon show is close enough to travel to, but never saw a date for it, and I knew I'd end up missing it anyway.

I'll probably start individual threads for whatever I do, and maybe link to the other ones or something. 10+ page threads can be hard to navigate for lurkers that aren't fully dedicated to visiting frequently (like I was for awhile).
Old 11-08-2017, 12:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury Fan View Post
NorthernFarmer -
I'm gonna need some help for sure at some point. I've had frustrations getting LED lighting to work properly, and my 4ch Flysky is terribly under-utilized vs its capability. Even though I'm a bit of a whiz at automotive wiring, this RC stuff leaves me at a loss - and I don't read the Chinese translations too well.

Frizzen -
Yeah, I had noticed a few IN folks, noticed your name in Indy, that was part of the reason for joining. I've never made the Indy hotel show, then read that it has gone defunct, but the Lebanon show is close enough to travel to, but never saw a date for it, and I knew I'd end up missing it anyway.

I'll probably start individual threads for whatever I do, and maybe link to the other ones or something. 10+ page threads can be hard to navigate for lurkers that aren't fully dedicated to visiting frequently (like I was for awhile).
OR, you could do as I've done, & lump EVERYTHING into one thread, my "skeeters contracting services" thread. It makes replies to comments easier then having to look at several different threads. Also makes it easier for me too. I DON'T have to find the thread for the particular item I am updating, just find my thread, & post it there. Also makes it easier for folks to see everything in one place, IMO.

Welcome to our playground!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

There's a big "all about LED" thread you might find helpful under Electronics Tech.

You can find info about shows down toward the bottom of the main page.
-- RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events
We're under. "Central Plains Mini Truckers Club"

Next meet sounds like it'll be in Lebanon sometime in January 2018. As the big show that replaces Indy Toy Truck & Contractor show.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

Great to know we have another Hoosier on-board here... welcome!

I'm well versed with RC boats and armor BUT, trucks are pretty new to me like learning about tire foam density. Never knew there was so many options.

Hope all us Indiana Natives can meet up in January. That's my goal!