RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:29 PM

RibTickler is on a distinguished road
Default Rubber duck Mack?

I want to build a Rubber duck Mack. Think it's R700. Where do I start? I've hunted sites, found a few, but most are custom builds. I need already hood, body, etc with out paying hundreds for shapeway parts.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubber duck Mack?

I'm sure if you've got the cad files, I can 3d print them for you, for a fraction of Shapeway prices.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:15 PM

scottyk is on a distinguished road

I dont know if a standard FDM could print these bodies out very well, at least not as they are currently designed, very thin wall thickness and shallow slopes make it tough. I actually purchased all the stuff off of shapeways for my Mack dump truck and I own a 3d printer. I do wish they were designed thicker because they seem like very thin and fragile pieces. I messaged the designer and asked if he would make a thicker version for me but he did not want to, I do believe he offered a refund but that was about it. I wonder if they might be a patched up 3d scanned copy of a full size truck?

but back to the original post, sorry Im not aware of anything cheaper than shapeways and I searched the net quite a bit before pulling the trigger on these parts. Even purchasing these pieces will require many hours of custom fabrication and bodywork, no easy button on this one. Maybe keep an eye out for kids toys that might have this style?
Old 01-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RibTickler View Post
I want to build a Rubber duck Mack. Think it's R700. Where do I start? I've hunted sites, found a few, but most are custom builds. I need already hood, body, etc with out paying hundreds for shapeway parts.
Go to shapeways and search builder CAA52 he makes the RS700L cab and hood. the sleeper will need to be made out of the king hauler sleeper.

send me your email and I can send a few pics of the RS700L I built to look like my truck
Old 01-07-2018, 07:18 AM

Papy is on a distinguished road

You can even find the duck hood ornament on the same website : shapeways death-proof-rubber-duck-1-14-hood-ornament