RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just Another Peterbilt......Half Breed.

Carrier bearing installed, love the way these Lesu parts all work together, it bolts right to the crossmember and tucks up in the frame nicely.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I don't know about yours but I installed my rear suspension a few days ago and I am not that impressed. When I pick the truck up there is nothing to keep the axles and springs from moving all over. The axles drop a bunch and the springs rock around. They need to have mounts on top of the spring pads to keep everything in place like a real truck(I will be making myself some). Also when using this style front tandem axle with stock Tamiya X members and KH spacing there is almost no upward travel. Kinda bummed with mine from a mechanical standpoint... Yours is looking very nice though and I am looking forward to the next update!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Reg, Rigid does make a set that attaches the springs to the axles. It is the set with the red Links, Izzy has it on his daycab. I have owned this set along with ScaleArt and Oswald sets, none of mine have hooked the spring packs to the axles. I agree, they should be but I think that limits the axle travel. I also think all of these kits should have a brace or cross member running under the suspension tying the two bolsters together, haven't seen that done either.

My ScaleArt sets on my Wedico articulate very well.

Last edited by Claus; 05-15-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:32 PM

headers is on a distinguished road

Looking very good great job I love what you did with your wedico, how did you get to lower the rear oswald/scale art suspension on the wedico?mine is just face down but in the air looks weird

Thanks
Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Looking very good great job I love what you did with your wedico, how did you get to lower the rear oswald/scale art suspension on the wedico?mine is just face down but in the air looks weird

Thanks
Thanks for the compliments! The Wedico gave me many fits trying to get things right. Originally I had Oswald suspension front and rear. The Oswald front really made the front low and made the rake even worse. When I sent my chassis parts out for powder coating the heat ruined the Oswald rear bolsters. Then I decided to go 8X8 with the truck and ordered ScaleArt diffs and suspension kits. Then I don't remember exactly why but I didn't like the ScaleArt front suspension kit either. In the end I ran stock Wedico springs up front and ScaleArt out back. The truck sits a little high but it's modeled after a heavy spec truck so I can live with it. The problem with a Wedico is when you change one thing that leads into 10 other things needing to be changed and in the US that means custom made parts for the most part as there just isn't much Wedico over here. Lots of trial and error.

Last edited by Claus; 05-15-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:47 PM

headers is on a distinguished road

OK thank k you I k of what you mean I was admiring your and espefaan you guys did a great job

Thanks again
Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road

Looking good. Great job.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Just Another Peterbilt......Half Breed.

Looking good Craig! Keep it up
Old 05-16-2016, 01:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
OK thank k you I k of what you mean I was admiring your and espefaan you guys did a great job

Thanks again
Thanks, really appreciate the compliments, I can't even begin to build trucks half as nice as Espeefan can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Looking good. Great job.
Thanks Fred, feels good to be building again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Looking good Craig! Keep it up
Thanks Brandon! Hopefully I get this puppy running soon but will it ever be done?

This hobby has advanced so much since I bought my first King Hauler in 2009 but all this cool stuff comes with a heavy price which sure slows down the building. Funny thing, when I'm building I keep wanting to push on to the next step and sometimes even get discouraged about things taking too long but when the building is over the fun slows down for me. In someways for me the building and seeing progress and ideas come to reality is more fun than running these trucks around. In two years since being completed I haven't put an hour on my Wedico. I hope to add lights and sounds to this truck (someday), maybe that will be more of an attraction for me.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Same here I often build and complete projects but rarely actually use/have fun with them. Kind of adds a distraction from the daily grind which I guess is kind of the point of having a hobby ?
Old 05-16-2016, 05:04 PM

Bigg Redd is on a distinguished road

Is that a Wedico Pete?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Redd View Post
Is that a Wedico Pete?

Yes, it is. Hillbilly Deluxe.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ight=hillbilly

Old 05-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I know this is off topic but what happened to Nate? I saw he was looking at this thread recently but he hasn't posted anything on his own stuff for about 5 years it seems. Did he ever finish ANYTHING?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I know this is off topic but what happened to Nate? I saw he was looking at this thread recently but he hasn't posted anything on his own stuff for about 5 years it seems. Did he ever finish ANYTHING?
Nathan is alive and doing well! I know He is very busy these days, I'll see if I can get Him to chime in.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

I would like to build somthing similar, with the same brand parts as you, but with a 8x8 configuration. I use my construction equipment in sand and loose dirt so I need the added traction. But I would like a full metal cab, will the scale art cabs work with this set up or maybe the Wedico?

David
Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
I would like to build somthing similar, with the same brand parts as you, but with a 8x8 configuration. I use my construction equipment in sand and loose dirt so I need the added traction. But I would like a full metal cab, will the scale art cabs work with this set up or maybe the Wedico?

David
I have never seen a ScaleArt cab in person. As for the Wedico, that is something I have been thinking all along. I would like to use a Wedico Peterbilt cab and sleeper and either have a custom hood fabricated or try a Shapeways hood. The Wedioc and the Damita cabs are ver close in dimensions, I don't think it would take much work to use a Shapeways hood but then again I have never bought one so it's all a guess for me. The biggest down side is a Wedico cab and sleeper is roughly $625n then if it doesn't work........

Here is a Wedico and a Tamiya floorboard next to each other.

That is the total difference, with both of the floors lined up on the other side.

Last edited by Claus; 05-16-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:44 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Very close, thanks Claus, I think it would be cool to have the Wedico Pete, but your Right about the $$$. Like your thread on this new build, I haven't built my first truck yet, so it will be an experience, but I do want to use the lesu stuff, that why I really liked your pictures and idea's
Old 05-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Just Another Peterbilt......Half Breed.

Hey Claus.
I am following this Peterbilt Project. A lot of goodies I'm thinking to use same sort of parts in my BeamHauler #3
Keep up the good work Claus.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
Very close, thanks Claus, I think it would be cool to have the Wedico Pete, but your Right about the $$$. Like your thread on this new build, I haven't built my first truck yet, so it will be an experience, but I do want to use the lesu stuff, that why I really liked your pictures and idea's
Thanks for the compliments! I love metal more than plastic too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
Hey Claus.
I am following this Peterbilt Project. A lot of goodies I'm thinking to use same sort of parts in my BeamHauler #3
Keep up the good work Claus.
Thanks Bo! Can't wait to see your next truck.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Progress is slow, so many parts to buy. I did get my new grille. I bought from eBay seller viewsonicppcheng, He was awesome to buy from! I asked Him if he would make me a grille like His awesome Peterbilt grilles but I wanted the double round headlights and the hood ornament, the ones He has listed have one or the other. So he did and I got it today. I love the quality and detail. That hood ornament is very delicate, be careful if you buy one. I need to find a way of tightening the headlight mounting screws, no way of getting a tool in there.

Last edited by Claus; 05-31-2016 at 12:02 PM.