RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:44 PM

flexintex is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Texas

hello, been doing RC cars for a long. Now have several nice crawlers to play with. I'm super fascinated with the construction equipment now and wanted to buy an excavator to start. Anyone near Dallas, TX have one?? even if not for sale, cause I'd love to meet up and see what you get for the big cost. I've searched facebook and can't find anyone in the 6 million people of DFW that has any kind of excavator for me to see in person. As of now, I'm looking into buying an RCBRMIN Liebheer 954 excavator. debating on getting a RC4WD 4200XL to save some money, but from what I read, sounds like in the big picture, I'll be much happier with the Liebheer...
In Dallas, TX, USA. Own a Liebherr 954 hydraulic excavator, RC4WD 870k Loader, Converted Tonka dump truck. Have a couple Grand Haulers as well. Created Facebook group: DFW/North Texas RC Truck And Construction.

Last edited by flexintex; 01-08-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Texas

Hello, & welcome to our sandbox! I recently bought the 4200Xl during the black friday sales event. Other then there is no cab interior in it (I fixed that by 3D printing a seat for a Mr. Bruder man to sit in) I like it. I have had trouble with mine, & am awaiting replacement parts from RC4WD. The parts are coming from the China wharehouse, & should be here in about 10ish more days. I HAVE ordered some upgraded drive motors from a vender on this forum. I was optimistic that the stock replacement parts would arrive me BEFORE the UPGRADES did. The Upgrades are on track to reach me in 3-4 more says. Sorry I'm NOT from Texas, or anywhere near it. I just thought I'd chime in my $o.o2 on the topic. This is my first piece of hydraulic RC equipment, so I've nothing to compare it against. I do know there are others here that have several kinds/types & really love the 4200, & think it's a great value for the price.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:45 PM

flexintex is on a distinguished road

hi skeeter. I do think there is some great value in the 4200XL. I'm liking the Liebheer because has more scale looks and weighs a lot more. which will translate into better digging. Heard almost everyone say the 4200XL leak a lot. Which is somewhat ok, but for a machine that should last years and years, I'm thinking spend the extra money. But will cost $1000 US more. but I like idea of building and get to choose the parts list, as well as that way, can spread the cost out over several months instead of buying RTR.

Post some pictures of your digger!
In Dallas, TX, USA. Own a Liebherr 954 hydraulic excavator, RC4WD 870k Loader, Converted Tonka dump truck. Have a couple Grand Haulers as well. Created Facebook group: DFW/North Texas RC Truck And Construction.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

There are some pics of it here.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...=12786&page=13
Also on page 16, is a pic of the 3D printed seat I printed so that the operator cabin is more like the 1:1. Also there are several Bruder conversions that I've been working on. I really wanted to convert one, but I think that the plastic boom WOULDN'T hold up to the stress of digging. That said, I bought the 4200.