RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 AM

A32Limited is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new tamiya release this year

I was gonna get one of these...but I ended up getting a Stampede 4x4 instead. I think after I get my Juggernaut 2 running, I might get a flatbed. Lol
Old 04-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road

Stellamodels on Ebay has a listing for the new Tamiya 40' container Trailer.
They had 5, now only 4 (-:
The price is $420.00 US with $102 shipping to the US.
I expect to get mine by May 10. I will post build pictures...

Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Obviously I have the trucking bug but $522 is to much just to be one of the first to get one. I ordered mine and it should be here the middle of May but it will be under $400.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Green Horn

I buy my models from Stella when possible. They are very reliable and have great customer service. I once had a missing part in one of my kits and Stella broke open one of his kits to send me the parts. Stella is cheaper than Tower Hobbies (which has NO stock at this time)

Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker Al View Post
I buy my models from Stella when possible. They are very reliable and have great customer service. I once had a missing part in one of my kits and Stella broke open one of his kits to send me the parts. Stella is cheaper than Tower Hobbies (which has NO stock at this time)

Alan
I meant no offence by the comment but check out Horizion Hobbies price it is around $470 and that is probably where tower will be when they get them as well. Tower always jacks up the price till they get it in stock then they adjust the price. And yes no one in the states has them yet. I am just not willing to spend an extra $100 to get it now if you are happy with what you paid then that is your choice but for the newer guys here I just wanted them to know that if they wait till it hits the states they can save some money.

Travis

Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Out of control

Talking Re: new tamiya release this year

I got mine.

The good part.

The part I was not expecting. I was expecting to open the box and find some nice styrene panels that you bolt together but instead I found what appear to be vacuum formed panels that you have to trim and paint not to mention other than the axles and a few other parts molded in black the rest of the trailer in molded in white. So you might as well decide what color your going to paint it.

Now I just need a regular trailer axle to replace the front one that acts like a steering axle. I do have the housings to make the other two int regular axles so I can put the duals on it.

Travis

Old 05-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Green Horn

Yes, I got my trailer too. The vacu-formed panels are a pain. I cut the straight edges with a band saw and the screw holes were cut using a standard paper punch. All my panels are now joined and painted. Tamiya recommends TS-81 (Royal Navy gray) but I could not find this color. I ended up with a slightly darker gray (TS-32, Haze gray)

Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Man I was hoping the panels were aluminum! Certainly wasn't expecting to do even more work....
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Out of control

Here are some more pics.

Travis

Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

Whoa! Vac-formed panels! I'd expect that in a short production run limited edition aeroplane kit, but not a mass produced kit from tamiya! They could have at least pre-cut the panels! How thick is the plastic? If it's thin stuff this truly is a pricey kit!

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM

d.k.v is on a distinguished road

I would buy one but now iv seen vac formed panels i think it could be built alot better