RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Age limit (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=206)

Roadmasters 08-27-2010 12:45 PM

Re: Age limit

Great idea thornsteenster (what's ur name?)

Thorsteenster 08-27-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadmasters (Post 3329)
Great idea thornsteenster (what's ur name?)

Ah, you know I should have put that in my intro.
My name is Thor.
:cool:

Blueshirt 08-28-2010 02:24 PM

walking behind your truck while your driving it is really annoying........

Roadmasters 08-28-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt (Post 3496)
walking behind your truck while your driving it is really annoying........

and this has to do with age how?

Izzy 09-13-2010 07:04 PM

2 sided question as you all have already said - But I agree no age limit for the board - I also believe that parents should play a big role in their kids' on line time though too. As for our "city" driving - it does get nerve racking to be sharing the road with people who are trying to go way too fast and hit almost anything out there. When this happens myself and a lot of others just park their trucks and keep a watchful eye - probably the best alternative - no one really wants to try and parent some one elses kid. But to take a unit that's way more than just a toy and share the road with a basher is not my cup of tea.
Chris

ihbuilder 09-13-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 5926)
2 sided question as you all have already said - But I agree no age limit for the board - I also believe that parents should play a big role in their kids' on line time though too. As for our "city" driving - it does get nerve racking to be sharing the road with people who are trying to go way too fast and hit almost anything out there. When this happens myself and a lot of others just park their trucks and keep a watchful eye - probably the best alternative - no one really wants to try and parent some one elses kid. But to take a unit that's way more than just a toy and share the road with a basher is not my cup of tea.
Chris

hear hear , Well said Chris . :) Specially after you put a lot of time into a 1 of

IHSteve

tc1cat 09-14-2010 08:49 AM

There was one young man at Indy who drove anothers truck on Sat. that did a much better job of driving than a lot of the 'older' people. Granted he was driving someone elses truck but he knew how to drive the truck. He knew more about some of the trucks than I did. Why? He spent a lot of time on the forums! Age is no indication as to how a person drives. Practice is the only way to know how you should drive a truck- just like real ones. This young man also races r/c cars so he has had lots of practice at driving. While I do not like walking behind a truck, it is sometimes necessay when you can not see your truck due to building and other scenery on the layout. This was talked about after last years Indy meet and again before this year. Until we can make a layout that you can see your vehicle from any spot around the outside of the layout, there will always be someone walking behind their truck. When battling r/c tanks or racing r/c cars and trucks, you are not alloyed to walk behing your vehicle. While battling r/c tanks, you can move around the battlefield as there are blind spots but you can not get on the battlefield. You drive your r/c cars and trucks from a fixed postion while racing them.
One last point, Driving a truck fast is not a prerequisit for good driving. I agree with Chris on this point. Many of us stopped running our trucks when others decided to make the layout a race track. Way too much time, money and effort have gone into our trucks for them to be used as bumper cars.
OK my rant on this subject is over.

Lynn

sundance 09-22-2010 04:01 AM

age limit

Roadmasters 09-22-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundance (Post 6734)
age limit

neccisary?

Stuff 09-22-2010 12:19 PM

age isnt the answer. its maturity.

wedicotrucker 09-22-2010 08:19 PM

Thought this was soposed to be a family forum? Nothing sais family fun like an age limit.

Roadmasters 09-22-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedicotrucker (Post 6784)
Thought this was soposed to be a family forum? Nothing sais family fun like an age limit.

Were not really discussing about the forum, its more about at meets where there are thousands of dollars worth of equipment rolling around

Texasperry 09-23-2010 01:37 PM

Folks,
Age does not = Maturity as Maturity does not = skill. With regard to meets of any kind I think the meet organizers should set expectations. Things such as following your vehicle, speed, even equipment requirements. If this is done up front, attendees should know and respect the rules.

I think any Public meet has 2 functions. Gives hobbists a chance to play and to draw potential hobbyists to the hobby.
Nothing gets a person hooked like operating. Too many nay sayers may drive a person away. I think the expectations need to be relaxed a bit. Or, maybe set times for different skill sets. So less experience folks can drive without the threat of ***aging some of the fine models that are in attendance. Or better yet a place to drive away from the "layout" to prove your skills before operating on the layout.

I belonged to a Model railroad club a time back. You had to qualify and get your "engineers card" before you could operate on the layout. Yes there was even a written test. (not promoting this idea just shaeing an extreme one club went to)

Perry

wayne9428 09-24-2010 12:12 PM

I don't think that there should be an age limit, I think that there should be stage were kids can learn to build their own models and for people like me a novice this will help me and teaching kids something new something they can share with there parents and with other children.

Thorsteenster 09-24-2010 03:29 PM

I have a hard enough time with my real license......

Brian in PA 09-24-2010 04:04 PM

Age should not matter. Maturity, ability, and responsibility should be the focus. Is there a maturity limit? Maybe we should limit the age of meet attendees by how old they act and not how old they are?

Brian

sundance 09-27-2010 09:40 PM

If your worried about your truck so much then keep it parked.
stop being a bunch of cry babies.

Tamiya Cowboy 09-27-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundance (Post 7242)
If your worried about your truck so much then keep it parked.
stop being a bunch of cry babies.

It is not being a cry baby saying that some guys drive too fast at meets and 9 times out of 10 them guys cant drive anyways if they are going slow and 9 times out of 10 they cant hardly build a stock truck so it is BS these guys whipping around the meets running into others trucks..

Thorsteenster 09-28-2010 08:28 AM

Shoot, whats wrong with having a drivers meet before starting and everyone demonstrate some basic skills of control? As mentioned previously about a train club, issue a "license" for frequent truckers. Just because one is older doesn't equal a good driver.

Leaving the truck parked is just an absurd thing to say, what's the point in even going then? There is a certain expectancy of going to these to be able to drive your vehicles without worry of ***age.
Although really that replicates the real world with an occasional bad driver.....
lol

Edit: Really, *** is blocked? I guess there'll be no discussion of beaver ***s, water ***s, or the Hoover ***.
Come on, it's not even a cuss without an "n" on the end.

sundance 09-28-2010 08:56 AM

I'll bring some bubble wrap for those who are worried about their little pride and joys. Just remember when we're dead what's gonna happen to our trucks. So lighten up guys. It's only a little fender bender. If someone is driving erratically they should be told to stop (right then and there).