RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newbies first king build (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6444)

Mama Sue 03-17-2013 04:10 AM

Re: Newbies first king build

Looks good. I like the idea of a silver pinstripe

rcman 03-17-2013 04:56 AM

looks really good! like the 2 tone and I too think a silver pin stripe would set it off!

plow jockey 03-17-2013 05:03 AM

The paint looks good!! The pinstripe would really make it pop!! Good job!

glorydays24 03-17-2013 04:59 PM

Nice job on the paint, and imo, I think silver or gold pinstripe would look killer.

Big John

onestepbehind 03-18-2013 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliments.... I'm holding off on the pinstripe although I agree that it would make it look better but I got it this far without screwing it up so maybe ill put on a little down the road..... I put a couple of small touches on the stock air cleaners till I can afford the aluminum ones..
.Attachment 2627

onestepbehind 03-18-2013 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tinted the windows more , actually to much tint I wanted the windows to be lighter. Waiting on stacks
Attachment 2628

onestepbehind 03-18-2013 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to do a little flame work on the back of the sleeper.... And just realized I should have made the darn flames red soooo here's a pic before I threw the plate in the alcohol
Attachment 2629

DaBomb6988 03-18-2013 02:23 PM

The flames will look sweet in red!

onestepbehind 03-19-2013 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sooooo I got to looking at the shocks on the truck and I started complaining about the color. Why the he%* would you make pink shocks for a tractor trailer? Then I stood corrected when the wife tells me there not pink..not my fault I'm a little color blind ... There purple which I don't see that being a good color for shocks soo a sanding I a started .... This is what I came up with
Attachment 2632
Sooo this took me quite a while and it looks like the road to just finishing the shocks is gone to be a lot longer then I ever expected

dabears 03-19-2013 08:04 PM

id say they are more pink then purple!! lol just paint them

onestepbehind 03-21-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabears (Post 82013)
id say they are more pink then purple!! lol just paint them

I definitely agree

onestepbehind 03-21-2013 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the back of the sleeper but I'm still not happy with itAttachment 2633

glorydays24 03-21-2013 02:02 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the flames, they look cool, um I mean hot.:eek:;):D

Big John

onestepbehind 03-21-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glorydays24 (Post 82187)
I don't see anything wrong with the flames, they look cool, um I mean hot.:eek:;):D

Big John

Hahahahahahaha thank you Big John

Espeefan 03-21-2013 11:27 PM

That is a really clean paint job, and a good choice on the colors! I've always considered Tamiya's truck shocks to be pink as well. Why they choose that color, I don't know. They probably didn't spend enough time in the anodizing tank. They were probably hoping for more red then pink!

onestepbehind 04-01-2013 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2649
Got all the shocks done .... I couldn't bring myself to paint em

onestepbehind 04-01-2013 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2650couldnt resist throwing the stacks on for a quick look... Just waiting on my parts and my buddy at the machine shop to finish drilling my new rails out... I didn't do em myself because I figured it would be drivin Like a three legged dog

kingbob 04-01-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onestepbehind (Post 83261)
Attachment 2650couldnt resist throwing the stacks on for a quick look... Just waiting on my parts and my buddy at the machine shop to finish drilling my new rails out... I didn't do em myself because I figured it would be drivin Like a three legged dog

Haha, it is hard to resist putting them on isnt it??

Looking nice and shiny, a silver pin stripe will make it pop!

Diesel Demond 04-03-2013 01:00 AM

i think it look awesome with out pinstripe the tinted windows match the black and all jives together. just my 2 cents. and your paint is killer!! did yo just sand down shocks or use a paint remover/thinner on them they look way better!

onestepbehind 04-03-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Demond (Post 83397)
i think it look awesome with out pinstripe the tinted windows match the black and all jives together. just my 2 cents. and your paint is killer!! did yo just sand down shocks or use a paint remover/thinner on them they look way better!

thank you for the compliment.... it took a little bit and a paint job or two later to think of the scheme....its hard to make it different then eveybody elses. I actually ran a soft wire wheel on them at work then used 800 grit 1500 grit and then 2000 grit than some flitz polish, i swear by it. its even better than mothers