RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   DRAGLINE FOR SALE-VERY CHEAP (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=13562)

modelman 10-22-2019 04:44 PM

DRAGLINE FOR SALE-VERY CHEAP

I have a model dragline that I no longer have a use for and I will GIVE it to someone who is willing to come to my house and pick it up. It is NOT a scale model, just something I made to play with my grand son. It works good and would be great for some ones kids to play with and learn on. I have no way of posting pictures any more but here is a video of it working if I can get it to post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nibDcD5ZP8&t=68s

D8R 10-29-2019 03:41 PM

Re: DRAGLINE FOR SALE-VERY CHEAP

Quote:

Originally Posted by modelman (Post 167613)
I have a model dragline that I no longer have a use for and I will GIVE it to someone who is willing to come to my house and pick it up. It is NOT a scale model, just something I made to play with my grand son. It works good and would be great for some ones kids to play with and learn on. I have no way of posting pictures any more but here is a video of it working if I can get it to post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nibDcD5ZP8&t=68s

****, it´s way to far (living in Sweden). Looks nice, works like the real one.
Would have been a good model to learn drag-line from.
If I ever get my D8 ready, a small drag line would be next!
Hope it gets a good home!
Dan

frizzen 10-30-2019 12:10 AM

That's an amazing offer!

What power source does it use?

modelman 10-30-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D8R (Post 167634)
****, it´s way to far (living in Sweden). Looks nice, works like the real one.
Would have been a good model to learn drag-line from.
If I ever get my D8 ready, a small drag line would be next!
Hope it gets a good home!
Dan

Hi Dan-great hearing from you. The last time I read about your dozer you were giving up on the gas engine and going to electric power. Did that happen? I have trouble logging on here but I still look a lot. Hope to see your dozer working soon.

modelman 10-30-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frizzen (Post 167639)
That's an amazing offer!

What power source does it use?

Hi frizzen-all you have to do is plug it into the wall. All motors have power supplies in the control box that regulates everything to 12 volts DC and low amps. I did that for safety.

D8R 11-01-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modelman (Post 167642)
Hi Dan-great hearing from you. The last time I read about your dozer you were giving up on the gas engine and going to electric power. Did that happen? I have trouble logging on here but I still look a lot. Hope to see your dozer working soon.

Sorry to say, not much has happen with the dozer. Still evaluating doing it electric, but not that easy finding motors fitting inside frame and having enogh of battery power. Then there's another $3.000 to put into the model if going electric. Wife says "go for it", that model is already very costly so why stop at finish line.

Will keep you all updated
/Dan

Rvjimd 11-01-2019 07:13 AM

Tom, I wonder if we could convince Steve to come get your drag and keep it in the trailer with his 9W? I would love to have that at the Brownsville show! I would have trouble hauling it back and forth to the show. We need to make sure this goes to a good home where it can be seen and enjoyed!

Jim

modelman 11-04-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rvjimd (Post 167652)
Tom, I wonder if we could convince Steve to come get your drag and keep it in the trailer with his 9W? I would love to have that at the Brownsville show! I would have trouble hauling it back and forth to the show. We need to make sure this goes to a good home where it can be seen and enjoyed!

Jim

Hey Jim-Steve probably would not want this in his trailer. Next to his masterpiece my model would look like something built in a junk yard by a 10-year old. My drag does not have a walking system b/c I have no where to walk it and it also does not have a slip ring b/c I can only swing about 15-20° in my small pit. The machine is capable of full circle swings but not without a slip ring. This might make a good project for someone who would like to upgrade it with modern gear motors, slip ring, walking system, longer boom etc., all of which I intended to do but old age got me and now I am unable. My eyes are too bad.

pumptech 11-13-2019 04:30 PM

PM sent

modelman 11-15-2019 07:50 PM

Dragline has found a new home right here in Alabama. Looks like we will have a new young dragline operator in training.

pumptech 11-18-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modelman (Post 167756)
Dragline has found a new home right here in Alabama. Looks like we will have a new young dragline operator in training.

Hey Modelman Tom ,again I would like to thank you very much for the dragline , my son and I will enjoy it very much ,I'm working on a new area to run it along with my other models ,will get some pics and videos up soon ,I played around with it for a few minutes Saturday ,the controls work perfectly :D

Stuff 11-20-2019 03:32 PM

glad it went to a good home. Now I don't have to make excuses to drive 1000 miles south :P

pumptech 12-10-2019 07:59 AM

Been working on a area to run my models ,video of the dragline
https://youtu.be/3kDfsh40JTo

joeyschlatter 02-03-2020 10:41 AM

This dragline is very cool! good job, and the new home gives it a nice place to work

Rvjimd 01-20-2022 10:11 PM

That looks like a great new home for the Dragline!

grinderboy 05-06-2023 12:06 PM

One more boom and it would have been a copy of the Big Muskie working in Cumberland, Ohio in the 70's for the Ohio Power open pit mine. Shame Ohio did not purchase and make into a tourist destination and they did with Big Brutus!