RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "00" Biddle new truck and construction work area (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=2997)

fhhhstix 10-11-2011 09:20 PM

"00" Biddle new truck and construction work area

Well I cleaned up behind our barn and decided to build my self a place to play. I got the old burn pile tiled up and I squared it off. Now I need to get some pavers for a roads and I should be good. Here are a couple pics of what I have done so far.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/100_1044.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/100_1042.jpg

Travis

woodhog 10-11-2011 10:09 PM

Re: "00" Biddle new truck and construction work area

hey travis ,looks like you need to be shellin corn,not playin in the burn pile:D

rockNmayhem 10-11-2011 10:42 PM

Great looking area Travis, Now you just need a quarry off to the side to start hauling the heavy machinery.

Tyler

Lil Giants 10-12-2011 02:05 AM

Pavers??!!! com'on... do I need to come there & show you how to build roads with your equip? :D

FabOne 10-12-2011 09:58 AM

GIT-R-DONE Travis!! :p We'll be over to play! :D

-Terry

Cossett 10-12-2011 10:23 AM

Pavers!!! Just put some gravel & sand down and that will do the same job or is it more to the point you don't want your show pony trucks to get scratched LOL :D:D

Cheers Tracy

td9clyde 10-12-2011 05:21 PM

OH!!!!!! what a burn!!!! lmao that was great i can bring the terex over and cut you a few roads or wait til spring and then it might be my pan

fhhhstix 10-12-2011 08:41 PM

Well I guess where u all come from there are no paved roads.:p:D

1: I want it to look nice this is my yard and unfortunately I have neighbors.
2: Not all of my trucks are all wheel drive and I don't want to leave anybody out that wants to play and doesn't have an all wheel drive truck as well.
3: Pavers also give the ability to move the road without digging up the gravel.

There will be plenty of room to build roads in the dirt as the pavers will be outside the construction area. I have plans of building an iron trestle bridge to span one end as well with a spot to dump and since I have the MiG welder and the bridge won't need to be moved once placed I can make it out of steel.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

ihbuilder 10-12-2011 09:14 PM

"Well I guess where u all come from there are no paved roads."

well I dit say "turn off the paved road to git to mah hous " :p

fhhhstix 05-13-2012 07:51 PM

Well we tried out the the little patch this weekend an the verdict is our tracked equipment is just doesn't get along with dirt. Three dozers and two track loaders and all were useless before you could discharge one battery.:eek::eek::eek: No mater what you do the tracked equipment is just to small dirt packs in the track and then our done.

Now looking at pics from meats in other parts of the world they are playing in fine sand which will not pack and keep the tracks clean so the can keep going.

Looking at the wheeled dozer that was posted here on the forum I have a real good guess of why he built it and it is a great idea if you want to play in the dirt!!!!!!!!

I will take the ribbing from those who want to give it but I would rather play in the ground up rubber any day!!!!!! I would rather be playing with my equipment than digging dirt out of it and fixing it.:D

I am going to keep the dirt patch for a place to use the loader, farm tractors, and at some point an excavator but for a place to play I will buy my self a piece of carpet and some rubber to play in the garage. Not to mention I don't have to worry about the weather in the garage.:D

Travis

ihbuilder 05-13-2012 08:13 PM

well now OO how many days of rain did you just have :confused: Now as u add moisture to that there loamy clay you have , your gona get some packing in them there lil tracks . Same thing happens on the real 1's you know :rolleyes:
well you asked for a lil ribbin eh ?:D

fhhhstix 05-13-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 56808)
well now OO how many days of rain did you just have :confused: Now as u add moisture to that there loamy clay you have , your gona get some packing in them there lil tracks . Same thing happens on the real 1's you know :rolleyes:
well you asked for a lil ribbin eh ?:D

Nice try but after tilling it up and airing it out it is nothing but dust 3-4 in down. The dirt would not even stick to the blade but it packs like concrete in the tracks, small spaces with no where to go. As for the clay you had better bring your power supply or a truck load of batteries if your going to get down to the clay.:D

Travis

will43209 05-14-2012 11:59 PM

Hey Travis, I laid down some cold patch. But the grass grew threw it. I'm gonna re-do it. I'm going to lay down newspaper, wet it, then lay the cold patch on top. I haven't had time here lately to do anything. Take it easy. http://pbr1182.photobucket.com/album...MDMzLmpwZw.jpg

SmallHaul 05-15-2012 07:42 AM

Travis, the first few times I ran the tracks on my cable excavator I was disappointed with how easily they would lock up when dirt got in them but, after seeing most tracked equipment have problems with dirt in the tracks I realized these small models just don't have the mass to expel dirt out of the tracks when clogged. That being said though I am just careful running my cable excavator in dirt and only turn sharp on hard packed dirt.

It is harder to operate our miniature equipment in real dirt and that is a challenge that I really enjoy. But...I also enjoy moving rubber around all day and not stressing my equipment. The clean environment of rubber is nice too, I even have one tonka DT that I only haul rubber with. :)

So, I guess my point is that both rubber and real dirt can be fun and having equipment for each is a nice way to go.

will43209 05-15-2012 12:32 PM

Where can you buy the rubber at? Since my layout will be outside, it seems like a good option as far as loads. I was thinking of a rock quarry also. I want to use a material that's pretty much all weather friendly. Real dirt will put a big strain on the loader, and I wanted something that the grass wouldn't grow on. Take it EZ.

fhhhstix 05-15-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will43209 (Post 56928)
Where can you buy the rubber at? Since my layout will be outside, it seems like a good option as far as loads. I was thinking of a rock quarry also. I want to use a material that's pretty much all weather friendly. Real dirt will put a big strain on the loader, and I wanted something that the grass wouldn't grow on. Take it EZ.

I will ask Izzy as there is a place in Ohio that we stopped at and got his on the way to one of the Brookville shows.

Travis

will43209 05-16-2012 12:57 AM

KOOL!!! Thanks Travis.

doodlebug 05-16-2012 05:41 AM

Any thought's about mixing in sand and pea gravel or chip's to help break up the soil????

Cheer's, Neil.

fhhhstix 05-16-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodlebug (Post 56990)
Any thought's about mixing in sand and pea gravel or chip's to help break up the soil????

Cheer's, Neil.

Sand may help but pea gravel would make it worse, it is to big and would just lock up the tracks instantly.

Travis

egronvold 05-16-2012 06:05 PM

Try spraying teflon spray on the tracks, it really works :)