RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newbies first king build (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6444)

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 06:40 AM

Newbies first king build

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2574
I'm a new guy at the site and this hobby and I'm hoping the photo attachment works but this is the start of my king. And what better way then to start cutting the original lights out then fill the space in. I've been looking and really want to make the fenders lower and the Hood a little longer but I think I might let that wait for the next truck

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 06:47 AM

Re: Newbies first king build

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2575

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2576
I wanted a little cleaner look so I shaved all the rivets down.

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2577
I cleaned roof up got rid of the seams.... The pic is when I thought I was pretty close to done with the roof but it didn't come out quit the way I wanted so I didn't stop til it was all strait

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2578
Filled in some more wholes that I didn't want

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2579
got it all painted up and the drop visor on and some other odds and ends on then decided I want the lips off the fenders

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2580

onestepbehind 03-12-2013 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2581
Got to this point when I took it apart and to cut the lips off the fenders and unhappy with the paint so I soaked the truck in alcohol and stripped the paint.. I might be goin with a black and purple theme.... I also have frame rails , stacks, and mudflaps coming in from garden trucking. I'm not quite sure what the length I want to make the frame rails yet 28 or longer?

glorydays24 03-12-2013 02:35 PM

The king is right at 24" stock, so if you add 4", that would look pretty good. And I feel your pain about the paint. I have to strip two bodies myself.:( One is my wife's, so I better do hers first.:p;):rolleyes::eek:

Big John

BRICKNICK 03-12-2013 02:40 PM

The king is around 23 inches, I stretched mine too 25inches with after market rails, but I might do my next one with a set of knight hauler rails which are just under 25 inches long n the holes are already there.

hippy 03-12-2013 04:59 PM

looking good! stripping paint sucks. but you got to do what you got to do. as for the stretch. 28' will look long and sleek. mine are 30" rails.

big john: lmao! :D:p;) i got what you were meaning.

Radio Control Trucker 03-12-2013 08:33 PM

This truck is looking GOOD!!! It's coming along really well and I can just imagine how she may look when you finish :D :D

I too have paint to strip. I want to re-paint all four of my trucks :) :cool:

As for Big John; Watch out for the wife, she knows where and when you sleep :eek: :p :eek: :D

- RCT

Mama Sue 03-13-2013 01:11 AM

Lookin' good. Trial and error with the paint, easy to apply, easy to take off. Keep the good work...:)

rcman 03-14-2013 02:21 AM

looks good like it is! I too have had to strip paint! painting is not one of my talents for sure I usually get rushing and get runs or too much orange peel.

onestepbehind 03-14-2013 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everybody for the compliments and inputs....I went to the hobbyshop and picked more paint yesterday I decided to go with a dark red over black mettalic. Then I spotted a razor saw so I bought and took it home. If ya buy something ya gotta try it out right? So I did and I chopped the top off the sleeper.
Attachment 2608

onestepbehind 03-14-2013 03:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lowered the sleeper and glued it back.... Time for more body work
Attachment 2609
Thanks for lookin ill be puttin more updates soon

onestepbehind 03-14-2013 02:28 PM

Should I fill the whole in the top o the sleeper where the antenna goes?

NWTrucks 03-14-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onestepbehind (Post 81246)
Lowered the sleeper and glued it back.... Time for more body work
Attachment 2609
Thanks for lookin ill be puttin more updates soon

Looks real good! It is amazing some of the small details can really make a difference in the overall look. Sleeper looks great. You will think up many more changes along the way probably. It is all about adding our own little touches and making it a little different than the rest. Looks great, Keep updating with pics as you go along. :)

onestepbehind 03-15-2013 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2614
Well I smoothed all the edges out tonight along with filled the whole on the top of the sleeper where the antenna goes because it looks like I'm going to be goin with the 2.4 controller..... I'm still waiting on the frame rails so that I can strip the truck chassis and extend it:( next up a little more primer and the paint job....

onestepbehind 03-17-2013 03:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got all the colors down I'm gonna lay a coat of clear down.i decided not to go all black because I'm goin to make the windows a very dark tint and didn't want the windows to blend in with the paint. Now I can't decide if maybe I should put a silver pinstripe between the red and black. Thanks for lookinAttachment 2622