RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Truck News (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   I would like Tamiya to make... (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=11173)

janderson 02-04-2016 12:41 PM

I would like Tamiya to make...

Let me preface this with I am not guaranteeing anything will ever come of this poll. Though I would like to see peoples ideas.

Lets remain focused on what brand and if brands are important to everyone.

Option "Other" is there another manufacturer or is just a generic rig ok?

You can reply to this thread with ideas ans such, but lets not let this turn into a big discussion that will get off topic.

mcl fabrication 02-04-2016 01:55 PM

Re: I would like Tamiya to make...

I want Tamiya to produce a day cab, and a CAT truck wouldn't hurt either.

up9018 02-04-2016 02:03 PM

1. Kenworth W900L w/ 86" Studio
2. Kenworth T660 w/ 86" Studio and full farings
3. CAT CT660 Daycab with Pusher Axle
3. Freightligner Coronado w/ Standup Sleeper

Supermario 02-04-2016 02:12 PM

If Tamiya did make a day cab version it would be nice to incorporate a tilting hood. Not concerned about which brand of truck but a factory designed tilting hood would be very nice I think.?

TRUCKMAKER 02-04-2016 05:30 PM

I'd like to see them make an International HX620, it was just released to the public on Monday at a show in LasVegas. Google it it's a nice looking truck. A good vocational chassis of any brand would be nice, there is 3 conventional hood kits easily made into Petes, Kenworths Freightliner or Stars. A dump truck kit would be interesting.

Stuff 02-04-2016 05:44 PM

day cab american single axle flat deck. kind of a spin of the mercedes box truck.

fhhhstix 02-04-2016 06:45 PM

Anything but a Kenworth, Peterbilt, or Freightliner. We already have parts available to make these easy enough. How about a CH MACK that we all drool over and are hard to find or scratch build. If we are going to dream lets dream big. Just my thoughts.

RCP57 02-04-2016 08:21 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a new daycab like a KW T880, International HX, Paystar, Western Star or something similar. My reason for thinking a truck like this would work well is because the newer style cabs are larger leaving a tiny bit more room inside compared to a King Hauler(older KW/Pete). A lot of guys end up cutting off their sleepers so maybe a daycab makes sense? Honestly though it doesn't matter to me what comes out as long as it is a more rugged looking truck. None of my trucks ever see pavement so one that isn't dragging it's bumper on the first pebble would make me happy. OH, and while I'm dreaming, how about a new gearbox that has more reduction? The stock trans is ridiculously fast and in desperate need of an upgrade.lol

JamesBC 02-04-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuff (Post 138774)
day cab american single axle flat deck. kind of a spin of the mercedes box truck.

I second this.

rctrucker2 02-05-2016 01:39 PM

I would like Tamiya to make a universal trailer that could be built 3 ways or more with hop-up items. The basic trailer would be longer than the trailers now, maybe around 37 inches or so, and could be built as either a flatbed or van trailer from the basic kit. Then there could be option hop-up items that would convert the van trailer to a refer that would include the Thermoking refer unit and a small fuel tank for the trailer. Additionally there could be an option hop-up kit that would convert the basic trailer to a spread axel trailer. And then finally an option hop-up kit that would convert the van trailer to a curtain side trailer. This would provide a builder of minimum skills to build the exact trailer that he wanted with minimal design and retooling by Tamiya.

bigford 02-05-2016 03:18 PM

LONESTAR!!! its so ugly that i really like it

Mikem 02-05-2016 04:20 PM

Something pre 70s , B model Mack , not European . Mike

Cossett 02-06-2016 01:43 AM

-Something other than KW's, Pete, and freghtliners as there are already kits for them,
-No more eruo COE's
-Mack, Inter bonneted rig non badge
-A proper tilting hood rig daycab non daycab
-Some modern parts - roof wind defector, a new bull bar for the US rigs and a proper one for the euro rigs that tilts, right hand universal dash for euro / us trucks, hub caps for the rear wheel and front wheels to hide the nylock nuts, hood side latches, hood ornaments,
-Roof mounted air con units
- Cat walk plate for chassis's that can be cut to size depending on the rig you have
-Maybe some spider / spoke rim sets
-Making a hop up parts kit similar to the Italeri ones that has multiple different parts in it, so you dont have to pay a fortune on buying seperate parts for your rig
- A hi rise sleeper top for the US sleepers
-Hi intake tubs with round top or right angle intake tops
-A suzzie coil kit for trucks and trailers to plug into the MFU and a front plate for trailers where the old trailer light plug is hidden
-A tamiya low loader so they are easy to get your hands on where every you are in the world
-New universal decal sheet in different colors designs and letters so you can make your own names up
-A mock up engine to hide the 540 silver can type motors
-All those nice detail parts you can get in 1/24-5 scale that arent easy to get your hands on in tamiya's 1/14 scale
Cheers Tracy

bigdogrod 02-06-2016 07:06 AM

everything cheaper so we can get more people into this hobby

edit: not cheaper, less expensive

mavrick0 02-06-2016 03:13 PM

How about a MFC-03 that you can download any sound into it depending on what truck you have and the type of enjoy sounds you'd like it to have for the era of the truck and motor choice as well as air horn selection as well to use a few things or example.

Berman 02-06-2016 04:05 PM

Any truck as long as it is licenced. Western Stars, Cats, even Jap trucks like Nissan Diesel, Hino etc.

Cossett hit the nail, on the head, it's time for a low loader or even drop deck and Right hand Drive dashes.

I love the detail on the new Actros, keep that ideal going!

drinternat 02-07-2016 12:04 PM

How about reducing their prices for kits you don't even get bearings in. Even if they made a Super version of kits with the hop ups included. They must loose a fair amount of money to aftermarket hop up makers.

Roundabout 02-07-2016 01:14 PM

I know that there only is mentioned american trucks in the poll, but how about some classic european cabs, like:
VOLVO FB88/89 F10/12
SCANIA 141/142/143/143ATREAMLINER
IVECO TURBOSTAR
FODEN
ERF

or in general some more accurate looking vintage american trucks seems like there already is some freightliner licenses, plenty of old freightliner cabs from the golden years of trucking to make i 1:tamiya

and when making the euro cabs, include a dashboard for right hand drive trucks and maybe the different roofs for them, scania comes with three different roofs, how about including all three in the box set instead of builders buying from aftermarket vendors

schmoking 02-07-2016 02:23 PM

we need more classic trucks... like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pPB1GTu6ng

this is a 359 pete... right?
id pay double for this as the next tamiya.
please please please make this truck!!! :)

bigford 02-07-2016 02:57 PM

thats a old 1962 needle nose pete a real classic
wedico's pete is a 359