RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wedico HYD's for dump bodies (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=677)

fhhhstix 10-10-2010 07:03 PM

Wedico HYD's for dump bodies

Well I am to the point of no return I ripped out the Wedico junk to make room for the screw drive. Once again at a show my black dump truck with the Wedico hyd's started leaking again 2 in less than a year this is just unacceptable yes real 1:1 dumps weep but they are not supposed to leak. :mad: We have dump trucks at work when they leak it is time to rebuild them but they do not leak when they are new unless there is something wrong. So lesson learned $350 out the window and in with the $40 screw drive. So before you respond to this yes I know some have had no problems with theirs great for them but I know plenty that have and there is even a guy who rebuilds them when they are new because they are junk.

Espeefan 10-11-2010 01:13 AM

Re: Wedico HYD's for dump bodies

The hydraulics aren't the only things that suck about the Wedicos. :)

FreddyGearDrive 10-11-2010 09:00 AM

Well Now! Another wedico telescopic cylinder lover! I had 3 of them myself,(had)! I'm now a screwdrive type of Guy.:D
FGD

Tamiya Cowboy 10-11-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espeefan (Post 8384)
The hydraulics aren't the only things that suck about the Wedicos. :)

LMFAO!! :eek:

ihbuilder 10-11-2010 06:53 PM

mine is next , but no screw drive , IHB hydros ( working on it if I ever get caught up on you know what :eek:) I have bought 2 new 1:1 teles never leaked with many hrs on them still no leaks same goes for the 2 used 1's . get this wimpo kit follow instructions for bleeding it . well the pos bled alright , right out the 1st stage like a busted hose :mad: the 1st 1's may have been OK but looks like with them mass production = useless scrap

IHSteve

MACK Daddy 10-11-2010 11:17 PM

I guess I am in the minority here than....Although I have only had one Wedico Hydro setup I never had an issue

Alfy

Longhair 11-25-2010 08:48 AM

Do you have a link for the screw drive part?

fhhhstix 11-25-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhair (Post 11943)
Do you have a link for the screw drive part?

I make the screw drive myself. Gearmotor threded rod furniture nut delrin and frame rails.:cool:

kamyoncu 12-03-2010 10:51 PM

Personally, my first expericence was in the wdc hydrolic. It was completely disapointment for 4 axle sand-soil load. However It was good in 3 axle rock dumper works. Less load and short dumper lenght :)

In addition, scaleart hydrolic for U type is almost 4 times expensive than wdc. Yes it is real hydrolic but it is expensive.

My question is that did any body tried to produce boom ? Because simply hydrolic pump production easy and cheap. First you need pump second you need a good motor. the most expensive electric motor around 20-30 $ in ebay.com. the pump about 50 eur in ebay.de. What about boom ?

Trucker Al 12-03-2010 10:59 PM

Well, my first Wedico hydraulic cylinder leaked like a sieve, the replacement is not leaking and has lifted 10 lbs. of pea gravel with no problems. I hope it stays that way.
Alan

fhhhstix 12-03-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker Al (Post 12530)
Well, my first Wedico hydraulic cylinder leaked like a sieve, the replacement is not leaking and has lifted 10 lbs. of pea gravel with no problems. I hope it stays that way.
Alan

I hope you do have good luck with it they are a neat system when they don't leak.:)

Travis

Lil Giants 12-04-2010 01:03 AM

The wdc telescopes in my KH & pup are ten yrs old, dumped hundreds of loads with the trk, not so much with the pup and both continue to work well today. The telescopes seem to "sweat" a little bit, there's oily grime at the base of each one, but since filling the 110cc custom made reservior ten yrs ago, I have never added oil & they always lift to the top.

On the other hand, it seems wdc's quality has turned to shyt!!! in recent yrs, problems with everything they put on the market... what have they done differently lately? Using poorer grade materials to cut costs & increase profit margins?! :confused:

kamyoncu 12-04-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 12547)
The wdc telescopes in my KH & pup are ten yrs old, dumped hundreds of loads with the trk, not so much with the pup and both continue to work well today. The telescopes seem to "sweat" a little bit, there's oily grime at the base of each one, but since filling the 110cc custom made reservior ten yrs ago, I have never added oil & they always lift to the top.

On the other hand, it seems wdc's quality has turned to shyt!!! in recent yrs, problems with everything they put on the market... what have they done differently lately? Using poorer grade materials to cut costs & increase profit margins?! :confused:

That is why it is there is osswald modelbau, rĂ¼st , veroma, bam and all others.
I used wdc hydrolic in 2 year in my garden work 4 axle mercedes truck its dump 1.5 times bigger than standart wdc dump. I add 2 video for it. Here is my garden in 2006. They say much more then me about it :)

it is full
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkSsqpa79g

it is half full
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVBLV5Mt80

fhhhstix 12-04-2010 10:48 PM

I prefer a Travis Screw Drive they are reliable no mess and are less than $100.:D

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...h_IM000702.jpg

Travis

Lil Giants 12-07-2010 02:54 AM

I have one of Freddy's screwdrives, works great, but I still prefer hyds despite the oily mess... adds to the realism. :D

roadranger 02-04-2011 10:40 PM

How about Wedico's pumps? They any good?

I've got one of those pumps from India, but I hear they die after 3 minutes' run time...
what's up with that?

I bought a nice end dump from Ralph Little, he makes his own telescopes, and now I need a good pump to run it... any suggestions?

fhhhstix 02-04-2011 11:14 PM

The pump that comes with the wedico kit is just fine for a telescoping cyl it is just the wedico cyl that I had issues with.

Travis

Lil Giants 02-05-2011 01:39 PM

The UMS pump from India was designed for aircraft landing gear. Your dump cyl will go up & down in less than 30 seconds.

The wdc pump works good too.

pigeonfarmboy 04-16-2011 07:18 PM

Good information here. Being in the "what system do I buy" group of newbie isn't so great without comparisons. Pretty sure I'm going with Freddy Dump though.

trucker n 04-23-2011 03:53 PM

i have a question can these be returned to wedico for repair should be a warrenty issue: