RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New guy on the chopping block (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=7640)

Altered RC 09-27-2013 04:06 PM

New guy on the chopping block

2 Attachment(s)
i would like to thank everyone that allowed me to be a part of this forum. this is my first forum i have ever joined, and it was only after my friends talked me into it. got my first Semi kit from Tamiya, the King Hauler, and decided to build something that most folks have never seen before. most ppl have liked it soo far, some have not. which is okay, it wasn't their money that bought it. soo please, tell me what you think of it. have extended the frame rails to 30 inches, front to back, channeled the cab and sleeper down over the frame rails almost an inch, lowered the front suspension 3/4 of an inch, "Z" ed the rear frame rails, moved the mirrors forward, moved the wiper mounts to the top of the windshield, will be molding in the sun visor, and painting it body color, moved the fenders up, moved the air cleaners up, cut the air cleaners down about a quarter of an inch, cut the seat bases down, removed the side vent windows on the doors, mounted an axial single speed trans in the sleeper portion, and i am still not done yet. thinking of a burnt copper color....soo please, good or bad, lemme know what you think.

cabs 09-27-2013 04:58 PM

Re: New guy on the chopping block

Different, I gotta think this one for a while. Just my opinion but I would chop the top a little

Finster 09-27-2013 05:01 PM

Welcome to the forum. Looks good to me so far, not exactly my 'cup-of-tea' as they say but definitely different. As long as you enjoy doing it and like it, don't worry about what others think. :)

Radio Control Trucker 09-27-2013 05:31 PM

Looking good so far. It looks like you need to lower the roof about 1/4", other than that we'll have to wait. It will look better as you get more finished. :)

Do what you want and have fun. :D

- RCT

Espeefan 09-27-2013 08:15 PM

Altered....the same Altered from Scale 4x4, who was working on a Ford F-350 4 door cab? Welcome to the forum. Your truck is definitely different. Personally, I'd rather the truck had a little more hood above the front fenders, and like the others stated, maybe a chop to the cab. Although a coat of flat black, with some whitewall tires might give it a perfect rat rod look. I'll keep an eye on the updates for this project.

Altered RC 09-27-2013 08:27 PM

umm, not sure who you are talking about there, on scale4x4, but it is not me. this is my first forum joining, ever. but i do thank you tho.

woodhog 09-27-2013 11:14 PM

Welcome to the forum:D Truck looks good cant wait for more pics. Glad to see another member in our area.

Altered RC 09-28-2013 12:27 AM

thank you!!! i was at the Jackson show last year, but did not have a rig at that time.

1985 kenworth 09-28-2013 01:21 AM

welcome to the forum..i agree this is definetly a different kind of build ,however having said that ,this is an open forum for all to bring their ideas to life .i like the fact that you go your own way .my opinion is this truck is not the usual run of the mill truck,which makes it very interesting...so in the words of our fellow truckers from the past ..".keep on truckin".i am interested in the colours and the other details you will be adding to this build .be sure to post updates,i will watching this cool build :D:D

grumpygrady 09-28-2013 11:32 AM

looking good I would angle front of cab down to fit shorter windshield but it is not mine
and I di like what you have done so far , what are you going to power it with and what else is coming
please post more

Altered RC 09-28-2013 12:28 PM

it has a single speed transmission in it. i am thinking about either a sensored brushless system, or something like a 27 turn, or maybe a 35 turn brushed motor. i am also looking for the Tamiya Box trailer, i would like to build a custom trailer for it, that somewhat matches the truck.

Espeefan 09-28-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altered RC (Post 95147)
umm, not sure who you are talking about there, on scale4x4, but it is not me. this is my first forum joining, ever. but i do thank you tho.

My mistake! The Altered I am thinking of must be a different guy. He's actually from Florida, if I remember rightly. Can't be you! But no matter, glad to have you here.