RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   can i get screwed here? (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=9275)

BRICKNICK 08-03-2014 09:56 AM

can i get screwed here?

I'm trying to sell my tamiya 1:16 leopard flakpanzer gepard rc tank to a guy in ny. He wants to shed me a money order for the tank and the price of shipping once I get a shipping quote. Can I get beat here and how? Any ideas would be appreciated. I asked him to use PayPal since that is my prefered method to do these transactions but he said he's pretty computer illiterate and doesn't have a PayPal nor does he want one since he never bought anything offline like this before. What do you guys think. I need your help. Thanks .... Nick

fhhhstix 08-03-2014 10:10 AM

Re: can i get screwed here?

You should be fine. Get a shipping quote add in you cost for the tank and wait for him to send the money order then cash in the money order. If it cash's the send him the tank. He just has to be willing to put forth the money before you ship.

Travis

spudd 08-03-2014 11:15 AM

I have done a lot of money orders in the past. Ask for a postal money order. They seam to be the more accepted form to cash at a bank then most

I have never had a problem with any money orders I have taken other then cashing them. Bank or Wal-Mart or like kind sometimes require a 7 to 14 day wait to clear I have never had to wait on a post office money order as our bank say they are the safest.
I will not take a out of country one though

Radio Control Trucker 08-03-2014 12:51 PM

I agree with the afore mentioned posts. You should always get the money first, then send the item once you are happy with the transaction.

As a buyer, you send the money first, but should always keep your receipts for proof of sending the money and having made the funds (in check/money order/etc.) available to the seller. You need to keep these for your own personal record for about 3-years so no one can ever come back and claim you didn't pay for an item or made only a "partial payment". It's just good book-keeping and always helps if there's ever a question.

Hope this helps you out, Nick. :)

- RCT

BRICKNICK 08-03-2014 07:34 PM

Thank you fellas I knew I could count on you guys to fill me in on the common practices. I just kept thinking of that Nigerian check cashing scam. But thanks for the info fellas...Nick

BiLLy bOb 08-04-2014 01:28 AM

im with spudd here, my personal preference is a postal MO. I have 2 bad western union money orders over the years. as long as the mo is good, your safe. i know his feelings though, i got took by paypal/fleebay years ago.