RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   new semi rims from rc4wd (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=938)

chaseracer 11-25-2010 08:31 AM

new semi rims from rc4wd

check these out, http://www.rc4wdshop.com/go/product_...oducts_id=1076 best thing is they are a bead look system, so no more glue

Longhair 11-25-2010 08:37 AM

Re: new semi rims from rc4wd

I thought the little lug nuts were for show.

ihbuilder 11-25-2010 08:57 AM

the only thing that interest me is the axle nut covers .

Espeefan 11-25-2010 12:21 PM

Hmmm, not really digging the hole slots milled into rims. They aren't even close to the right size.

Tamiya Cowboy 11-25-2010 12:42 PM

Lets not sugar coat a turd! They look like **** you would think a scale company would make them look scale. Once again Steve's rims are perfect and the other stink.. Lets go to the Score Board

BUD Wheels Build Off

Steve 03

Others 00

ihbuilder 11-25-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy (Post 11966)
Lets not sugar coat a turd! They look like **** you would think a scale company would make them look scale. Once again Steve's rims are perfect and the other stink.. Lets go to the Score Board

BUD Wheels Build Off

Steve 03

Others 00

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif

the prob is, they have to mass produce . And have no experiance with the real thing :confused:, not rocket science :p . They did get the hubs right . Any front cept the plastic ones , you can put lug nuts on , just put the screw in from the back and put a nut on the front :rolleyes: beside we can't forget our pioneer ( OBH , Stu ) with his easter eggs :rolleyes:

wedicotrucker 11-25-2010 01:27 PM

Still they I think they look good.

SonoranWraith 11-25-2010 03:29 PM

They def missed it on the holes. Someone could mill out the right holes and resell them. I like the beadlock and hubs.

firefighter-1177 11-25-2010 03:38 PM

Ya the holes are too small. I still don't think they look bad though.

Tamiya Cowboy 11-25-2010 06:21 PM

The bead lock is cool but you dont need it. No one here pulls the loads that Lou and Joe pull and they dont need them so none of us ever will. Stu's wheels look way better than these for detail and they are easter eggs. I have a set of Steve's Bud wheels and I was raised around trucks and still drive on the weekends and I can say that the styling is BLAH.

roadranger 11-26-2010 12:22 PM

They didn't get the holes right... Too bad...
I like the drive hub nuts, though, wonder if they'd sell them separately?

Steve's are still the best looking out there!

fhhhstix 11-26-2010 08:02 PM

I don't like to be negative but rc4wd took to long to bring these out and then to bring out a product that apparently needed better research. They should have actually read the comments on scale and paid attention to the pics of Steve's rims we posted there. It just seams to me that they were bound and determined to make them how they wanted even if it is not a product some one wants or even has the look of the real thing.:(:(:(:(

Travis

Rogue 11-26-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc4wd (Post 753040)
http://www.rc4wd.info/7/DSC_5474.jpg

After months of engineering and prototyping, we finally got the Budd stamped steel beadlock wheel made for semi trucks....

WTH !?!? Coming from a company that slams out products for scalers, and crawlers on a weekly basis, i expected more.:confused:

Months of waiting for a product, and it's not even correct. Personally, the whole beadlock novelty is just exactly that, a novelty. Beadlocks are SO far from necessary in our applications. Too bad they didn't take the time to focus on the accuracy of the wheel itself, instead of the attachment of it.
A major let-down for me IMO.:(

Bigrigger 11-27-2010 12:09 AM

Uh, am I missing something? The rims look pretty good to me... why you guys hate them?:confused:

Roadmasters 11-27-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker (Post 12080)
Uh, am I missing something? The rims look pretty good to me... why you guys hate them?:confused:

the holes on real budd rims are bigger and ovals. Heres a pic of a real one:
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/t.../2Holebudd.jpg

fhhhstix 11-27-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker (Post 12080)

Trucker actually read the post. The holes are to small and they are round not oval and the whole bead lock thing it seams they concentrated more on making it a bead lock and out of steel than making it look right. They could have machined it out of aluminum and made a nicer rim but they had to sacrifice looks to make them from steel but hay these are the same guys who make plastic leaf springs for crawlers. They are not consistent in what they consider scale. Ihbuilder makes a much nicer rim than these.:cool:

chaseracer 11-27-2010 08:59 AM

sorry guys for sturring everyone up. thought the rims looked ok but not perfect. but it does give people more options of rims, especally for guys like me who don't have the skills or tools to machine there own rims.

ihbuilder 11-27-2010 09:16 AM

Arioch , thanks for the pic :D you beat me to it . not only are they bigger and more oval , the holes are closer to the outside ring . no matter which way you look at them , they should be oval . they also look to be a pain in the rear to put together :eek: . they may look OK for those who have not been around them and not into the scale realism . As for price :confused: as I thought not much different . for all practicality , a machined "aluminum" painted /powder coated is the best solution for this application . We're not hauling tons , just a few pounds if that . I can make them in steel if someone wanted but it would be made just as the real 1 is made just takes me more time . time = $

tracksntreadslou 11-27-2010 01:47 PM

Hey the last year or two manufactures are taking notice of the scale trucking so lets not discourage companies from making parts for our hobby ..There are always some aftermarket parts that are not completely scale ...Not everybody has the skills that Steve has :D

sneaky-pete 11-27-2010 10:28 PM

The holes can be drilled out correctly with some patience!