View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carson 634 assembly tips?

I've bought a different grease, some hydraulic fluid, a syringe and some tubing. Also picked up some vernier calipers and lead ingots from the scrap yard.
I have a Dimension Engineering 2x5RC brushed motor controller for the two drive motors. I have a radio to use while testing, will order another one when I decide on what size of battery I can fit in, so that I get everything at once. I most likely will get some smoked thin plexiglass for the cab windows so than I can use that space for more electronics.

I keep hearing about heat issues, is it really that bad with these models?

I have a temperature controller I can pop in to activate a fan when needed, I am thinking the hydraulic pump motor will get the hottest so will run the fan based on its temperatures.

I ordered from Premacon and bought the hydraulic kit, the actual model, two geared motors for the drive and the drive gear right angle thingy. And yes I keep checking the tracking updates everyday

I am debating on whether I should get an Eagletree logger. I could log the temps of all three motors that way, but will probably wait on that. Temps might not even be a big deal.

Can't wait to assemble this model and starting moving some earth with it!