View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucshott View Post
Nice cab gaurd/tool box. puting the battries in there. do you thank it might make it top heavy?
I know what you mean about your fuel tank mounts. I had to make mine to look like kenworth ones. yours will look good
Thanks Rick! It could get a little top heavy, but I don't know if it will be a big concern. It's got a fair deal of weight down low too, and we know the scale rigs don't exactly break any speed records, so I think it will be safe to drive in normal applications. The drom/toolbox will be pretty heavy by itself. The plan is to machine it out of aluminum, but it will be mostly hollow. The battery packs aren't to bad for weight. They are about 1/3 the size of a standard sub-C pack and pretty light, but it all adds up. If all else fails, I'll just stick the battery packs under the hood, although I don't want to give up the possibilities of sticking a scale diesel engine in there, just yet. The 1:1 trucks don't exactly corner like a sports car either.