Thread: My first build
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 05:05 PM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first build

So, here's an update on my Knight Hauler build. I have the Chassis, pretty much finished, and finally have the paint done the way I wanted. I was able to use a Parma Vinyl Paint Mask, "Splash" is the design I chose, and I think it came out really well, considering it's been over 26 years since I built ANY kind of model, and used spray cans. Here are a few photos of the painted cab, mocked up on the chassis. I'm going to let this dry for probably a week before I attempt to do any more work on her, as I don't want any fingerprints in the paint.

I've decided to go ahead and customize a Tamyia Flatbed, using a second Deck and boards I got from "SemiJoe" via eBay, and some 1 1/2"x3/4" Aluminum channel that I am going to cut to the correct length for a scaled down 48'x102" trailer. It should end up around 41 or 42 inches long when done. I've got LED's ready to go so I have 5 down each side and 9 across the back, all of the correct US DOT colors and locations. I'm going to paint the trailer frame, under deck and side rails to match the tractor, and am going to try to get the stripes to match. Let me know what you think so far. Thanks for looking.