Thread: My first build
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 01:32 AM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first build

Well, things have come to a crawl on the trailer build. I had a heck of a time getting the custom rails cut and shaped properly using the Dremel, a Jigsaw and a hack saw, I wasn't steady enough to get my cuts accurate. I got my hands on a second set of stock rails, and cut the second set to length, then using a wet Tile Saw with a diamond blade, to rip them down to be the height of the rear notch to lower the bed height at the suspension, and am going to rip cut the King Pin end, to lower the deck at the front to look more realistic, as Tamiya Trailers simply sit too high above the tires, and just don't look right. I also bought a set of "Suzzies" to have coiled lines from the tractor to the trailer, and will mount some matching female banana receptacles, to replace the Tamiya plug. I'm going to rewire the landing gear, in order to have them work just via the toggle switch, and I'm not going to use the thick parts by the fifth wheel. I'm still going with a spread axle, with a toolbox mounted between each axle.i also got some straps from Ric, as well as some lenses for marker lights, and a rear bumper. I'll get some pics uploaded this weekend, but just wanted to show I was still moving, all be it very slowly.