View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Modelman, yes flat water, mornings and evenings are usually glass, that's when I've had my fastest runs. It is still a river but the main channel is closer to other side. Maybe 8-10' at most. In those pics I could walk about 1/2 way out up to my waist. Being it a river I've always worried about a boat on re-entry becoming a torpedo, rocky bottom in the shallow side. And about 1/4 mile down it flattens to about 3' deep all way across. So if one sunk I would go down ther and wait. But when we run water is usually clear enough to see bottom in deep. Always painted bright just to be able to see a carcus on bottom

Joe, I didn't run the ford dump to find out. I'm sure she will go up unloaded in second gear. But fully (over) loaded as I always do, I'm not sure , full throttle first gear hopefully this weekend I'll get some videos and find out if it's a one way road or not. But I really don't have the need to haul dirt up as most of the work will be below. And it's more of a access road so my lazy butt doesn't have to carry anything down. !! In the one pic with the dozer hood up you can see the edge of the rocks, the dirt next to that was the previous road. Believe it or not, the dozer climbs that, forward facing, now that it's mostly dirt it is a hill climb for the d11, goes down well but not so well up.