View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 PM

schmoking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rc4wd excavator valve question

original motor and esc is not gonna work for that kind of setup, it could be a fire hazard on that esc i think

mine has a robbe 5055/45 motor and a robbe 50a esc. i think its intended for large scale ships.
with this motor it still got plenty of power but the speed is abit slower than original.. but i like it. with an inch cut of the bottom
of the driver cab it makes it all more to scale.
at startup it stutters abit until i open one of the valves... but i got the old one with 3 valves.
i have the 4 valve block just missing some connections..
i expect that to be much better on startup, stil not sure it would be good enough to use as start stop setup tho...

i have a pressure gauge in rear cab window so i can keep an eye on it.
motorstart i use a dial to control... i run the motor at low rpm, usually around 15 to 20 bar pressure against 3 closed valves.
i setup the dial so i get max 25 bar, i dont wanna blow it up lol.
then use the mixes to up the rpm when i open a valve... and even more when i open 2 or 3.
this makes it much more precise and it doesnt loose a lot of speed when i use all functions at once.
im really happy with this setup. not really expensive upgrade either... no more heat issue

i would maybe look into what motors those high end german machines are using, that are running this start-stop setup..

Last edited by schmoking; 09-11-2015 at 05:55 PM.