View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks ken, always appreciate input. How I had originally thought of powering them was independently, two motors, two esc's. I can understand the wireing concept of parallel and that would make sense. I would think that wireing them in series would put more strain on first (in the series) motor. But do understand the concept of "electrical differential". Hummm, I do have six tires of correct size for a future articulated dump truck,,,,,, that would be perfect to implement on.
If I would have made the inner diameter of this trucks tires about 1/2" less I would have had more room for axle/bearings/wheel shafts. But still the compounded length of opposing motors still put it on the limits. If those darn slim bearings weren't so expensive I may have continued on that path. Couple other factors, dadsgarage haul truck has proven to be powered with one motor and that opens up a lot of the design options for axle (again to understand that I'm by far any design engineer) and my limited brain power. Lol, all those late nights when younger!!! Alcohol kills brain cells?!? Right? Me, I figured alcohol killed off all the weak ones for me so I was good to go!! As I got older that ideal changed!! Lol!! Now if I had a decent tig welder (Christmas present?) or if a awesome builder happen to get a box of aluminum parts with instructions where to weld happen to get a package delivered to his big island home,,,,,,,and quit doing circles with a drift truck,,,,,, I may be set!!!! Lol. If you do happen to find that discussion ken, post a link. I'm sure a few more of us would benifit from that.

Haven't had much time lately and the RC funding is dwindling, have to make things a little smarter, ( not have a handful of new spare parts) as my wife and I are going to be moving. Moving about 100 yards,, trying to purchase my fathers house (old farm property) and the bank just doesn't understand when I tell them I outright own a 349 excavator, d11 dozer, several rigs, and about to acquire a large haul truck. Kind of funny to say to the loan officer as reply to "what assets do you have" lol!!! Yeah that went over like a lead balloon!!!