View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 07:48 PM

gmmiller06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Conversion Attempt

This is the first of the parts that have come in. Using rc4wd mil-spec tires with tamiya hummer rims. I thought about adding bb's to the tires but I'm not sure I really need the extra weight. Opinions?

I cut out part of the body to let the actuators fit. This was a lot of trial and error. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have cut so close to the bottom. It is not needed where I eneded up mounting the base of the actuators.

I drilled a hole( actually 2 holes because the first one didn't work with the longer actuators) and used the metal rod that the stock bruder tires were mounted on. They were a perfect fit for the 6mm holes for the actuators.

You can see here how much I had to hack this thing for the longer actuators. Anyone doing this conversion take my advice and use 50mm actuators for the boom lol.

I also had to hack the front so that the actuators could move to the lowest possible position since they are so long. This barely leaves room for the axle to be mounted.

The point of no return lol. Here is a shot of the actuators mounted to the front. I still need to order the one for the bucket. I'm definitely going to go with a 30mm. I know it's not as pretty as many of the ones on here. But for my first shot at it I am not disappointed.