View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 04:24 PM

ChILd_ReBoRn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Starting a new build... something...

Um, guys.. I need help.
I got my servos today. 10kg/cm. They will be plenty strong, but I'm not sure how to fit them, so could use an idea...

I have several ideas, but not all fit in visually, although mechanically some sound better than the other.

[IMG][/IMG]

first option is to place a servo on the side of the chassis, and use a simple lever to lift one blade arm. Both arms would be firmly connected, so when one moves, other one follows. I could add a bogey arm on the other side just to keep the symmetry.

Second option would be to place 2 servos (one for each arm), and splice the wires from one onto the other (Since I don't have that bridge thingy for connecting multiple servos), But I would have to swap the polarity of one servo so both arms would move in opposite directions. That would give me symmetry, double the lift power (massive overkill), and I would mess up my servo cables.

third option is to place a single servo in the middle of the chassis and use a lever system from servo arm to the middle of blade arm connection. So it would pull on the middle, and lift both arms simultaneously

P.S.
How to slow down the servo? I have a feeling it will work way to fast. I saw some speed reducers for servos.. is that the best option?
What do you think?

Last edited by ChILd_ReBoRn; 01-21-2019 at 04:27 PM.