View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Block's Return

Hey guys Thanks for all the comments and the past rigs you all ways regret getting rid of them after they are gone for sure...

The boy got a lot done this weekend a good friend of mine and I helped out some and Tristin recruited some help from one of his friends also..Here is what we got done..

First as you can see the old box had to go..On the left is my son Tristin and the right is a good friend of mine Wyatt..

Here is a pick of the newer box we got.. We had the under side of the floor sand blasted do to the rust on the cross members witch is weird as the box sides and floor and tail gate are straight and rust free??

I had a local welding shop make me new cross members out of 12ga steal instead of the 16ga the factory ones were.I did not get a picture of it but the boy got the under side of the box and all the inners of the box sides with POR so they have a nice think coat of rust proofing on them now like the hood.

He also got 2/3's of the frame POR'ed this weekend too..

And a pick of the goof ball playing in the POR..

Also he got his cowl in for the hood on Friday.

And I got him started on the body work on the hood. Now this is his first major body work he has ever done but with some teaching he will do fine.

After teaching him how to shrink high spots and fill and smooth them out he shot the bear metal spots with metal etch primer and then he shot high build primer on the hood.

Will get it blocked out this week and get the sealer on it I also started on the doors today but I did not get any picks yet..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.