View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nick's 379 build

Thanks Nathan, you mention body working skills, I gotta tell you, I had no skills to speak of, I was just inspired by the other builds out there. I have taken a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach to this build by just cutting pieces off the king hauler and then worrying about how I was going to modify the body to get the right look. It has meant a lot of time and patience, but it has forced me to develop the needed skills. I had a very clear picture in my mind of what I wanted the end result to look like and the box stock king just doesn't cut it. But it makes for a great base.
Ok a little more progress.
Mounted the headlights. Need to finish routing the wires for the left headlight and also a bit of fine tuning to get everything mounted level and straight. The bumper there is temporary, just clamped 2 pieces together to simulate the overall dimensions of the bumper I have on order.

Also I finished up the fenders. They bolt on to facilitate the painting stage when I finally get there. Here's a detail shot:

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.