View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Green Horn

REEVE2007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bill Signs trucking truck...not excactly...

The spread on the axles is a requiremnt for different weights depending on which state/country you are in. Alot of the states in the USA are the same but states like California that like to be DIFFERENT (harder on truckers) make there axle requirements completely different then most making it harder to get maximum weight on your axles in other states.

The tapered rear frame rails are ramps used in California 99.9% of the time. It is common for heavy haulers in the east to use self powered removable goose necks. It is most common for heavy haulers in California and some surrounding states to run manual removable goose neck trailers which requires ramps to get under the neck after yuo drop the trailer and un latch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Trucks like these seem to be Canadian in origin. You never see these in the USA. The spread drive axles is like a Canadian trademark. Not really sure why they build them like that. Another signature look of these trucks is the rear frame, beind the last axle. It's got a radius and not the typical frame taper to it. Very unique and cool. They have a really heavy look to them. I believe the radius frame is used to get a trailer up onto the 5th wheel.

Like Dustin said, Brand Modell did a truck up like this. Probably not the exact replica of this one, as I've seen quite a few variations of these spread axle trucks over the years. I have some photos, but I'd have to dig them up.

This would make an awesome build. I had ideas to do something up like this, but probably never will.