Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Clubhouse?

Hmmmm ...... location location location - sounds liek one in the east, one near the plains and one more central ......

I really do think a clubhouse has to be blose to a fair number of core people. 6Hr is pretty good. St louis was 8 for me. it jsut meant that I had to bug off some time at work so I could car pool tje second half of the way there. Friends are priceless - they add a lot to this hobby.

The hardest part about this is finding someplace that is affordable. most of us don't have much land. And those that do might not have a building. If they have both are they realy willing to dedicate it for the enjoyment of others who might not show up very often?

But a space that is neutral (not owned by a member) presents itself nicely. But will it be too small eventually? ( I guess if it were outgrown then we would upgrade). Security is key for those who want to leave toys behind - those close enough to visit often...

I like th idea of tossing a cot and lighting the BBQ for dinner. if need be several can rent a room and take turns going to get a shower. I think we all know what kind of hours we can invest in just running around in circles.

Dirt vs Rubber - why not both? The rubber isn't that clean anyway. we just have seperate uses and seperate areas. Treat the rubber like it's coal - they truck it all over but they don't intend to make roads out of it. There are a fir number of our models that just don't do well in dirt.

Roads - they will develop. first in dirt, then packed and smoothed etc.

I can see us easily out growing the place by Ed's quickly.