Thread: What if....
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What if....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
OK , this thread is telling me something .I'm just throwing a few ?'s here as a feasibility study . Does it have to be tamiya ? Integrate with tamiya parts ? Metal or plastic cab or make base cab in metal and make different hood options .Does it have to be branded ? Kit form or completed model ? IMHO , Paccar brand trucks are economically out of the ? .
Steve, we know you are machining up your own cab. Thinking of offering something, are you?

I don't really understand the licensing problems. Ertl, Wedico, DCP, Sword, Norscot, and everyone else can get approval from all the big truck names. Surely Tamiya could too, if they wanted. There is something else going on here. Tamiya just doesn't want to do it. They probably think an American brand truck would not be as popular as what they are already offering for the European market. Even the trailers do not really ressemble any North American prototypes.