View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Nothing taste better than custom made parts!
Thanks Craig! Glad you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaf343 View Post
Nathan, this is awesome. I love all the aluminum and the machine work you have put into it is second to none.
Hey, thanks Keith! It has taken me some time to get everything machined up, but I feel the end result is worth the effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Looking good! Your machine work is top notch!
Aaron, thank you! I do my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russisloud View Post
the tank saddles get easier after you make a few hundred of them
Russ, I imagine they do get easier. I'm glad I only have to make one set for this truck! They've taken a lot of thinking, and some trial and error. It's amazing sometimes how something that seems simple to machine actually takes a lot of time on the mill to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthalr View Post
You never cease to amaze me. Awesome as usual.
Thanks Jimmy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded_Heavy View Post
Oh GOD, GET OUT!!! This is Amazing!!! I had was at an all out shock at first thinking what year or when did Wedico release that cab. Then as I read on I learned where it came from in which I have never seen or came across one of their models in raw form. Needless to say its quite on-par with the Wedico stuff in the quality and finish, the size also mates nicely with the WDC layout. I had always wanted to see one of these side by side with a WDC as I knew their scale is quite close, and I've also seen some of their trailers mated with WDC's in the pass. But this is the ultimate as its one of their cabs mated to a WDC layout. Truly amazing fit and finish. The **** with paint, the look good as this sit in raw form. And also because of it being in a raw finish it also highlights that these trucks is fully metalized and the real deal, and it also really shows how top quality these trucks really area.
Thanks Loaded_Heavy. There isn't much Wedico left in this truck. About all that is Wedico would be the rims, tires, front axle, and the blank frame rails. I'd say the rear axles are Wedico too, but I don't know how much longer they are going to be holding up the rear of the chassis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sue View Post
Absolutely amazing....
Thank you Mama Sue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
Your metal working is fantastic! It really gives this build a lot of realism. Keep up the great work!
Thank you Bigrigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztruck View Post
Is that a second dab in post #66?

Chris
Chris, yes, I have two of these cabs. It's explained why in the previous posts. We'll just say there was a whoops! For mock-up sake, I use which ever is closest to my reach.