View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: School me on hydraulic components

Wow, that's exciting news. I'd be very interested to hear more about those models. I don't want to sound too naive but your JD 850 is made by Stahl right? B/c vario makes one too? Just a bit confused.. Can't tell differences between manufacturers yet? You had suggested Vario for an option before and just wondered if the 850 is made by both company's why you picked one over the other... I'm mesmerized by it in your vids. Super badass.
So I got a response from the German dealer in regards to the Leimbach conversion parts for a bruder. Kit consists of 4 cylinders, all parts are leimbach except servos are Futabas. price is 1200.00 us plus shipping. System runs at 145 psi.

Bruder excavator.

This set contains:
12mm cylinder
pump
control valve
Servos for control valves
T-connectors
hoses
securing sleeves
hydraulic oil

This set is designed for Bruder excavators.

This set is not available from stock and will be ordered for you.
eimbach

Do you think this is a good setup for a machine that may possibly be built from 18 ga steel.? What mean is I'm thinking of replicating the 320 on sheet metal and possibly adding an inch or 2 to the reach. Will this hydraulic set up have an issue with the weight? I have no frame of reference having never operated a similar unit with that pressure. I wouldn't want to build the model to find out its underpowered or suffers under load. I want to be able to dig solid ground. Ya know?