View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D printing KH Body Attempt

Ahh, thanks guys! I'm feeling good after those comments. I'm still not 100% satisfied with the results which are mainly due to my design. The hood in my opinion is too tall and the grill too wide, but shortening those dimensions results in changing the rest of the body as everything relates to something else. I'm not wanting to start from scratch again like I did for ver 1.2 as I'm so anxious to see something finished that resembles what I pictured in my head in the beginning so I'm gonna just continue to finish this cab. And the further i take each cab in the physical state, the more i learn what not to do mext time. I'd like to give it a few more tries before thinking about selling a body, and honestly I don't know what kind of price to put on something like this. The print time is still 25+ hrs. And there's a lot of pre/post print work involved too. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I may do something like that in the future after working out the design. What really need to do for the next project is take hard measurements of a 1:1 and convert to this scale. That will yield the best product. Ill have to get ahold of a few people to let me measure their trucks. Want to do a t800 next.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Last edited by JDH429; 03-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.