View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

And now for an update!

Love'em or hate'em, I finally made up a set of big fat stacks for the 1950 KW, and because I needed the cab to be removable for battery access, I also ended up maching a set of stack mounts, so the stacks could be left on the chassis.

Don't worry, the zip ties are just temporary. When I get the stacks drilled for mounting holes, scews will hold everything together. The stack height is yet to be determined, although it's pretty darn close to where the stacks will sit. I am also planning on making some cross bracing to tie the stack mounts together, and they will probably bolt to the chassis deck plate, which is yet to come.

I'll have to send the stacks out for chroming, eventually. I found a somewhat local chromer, in my state that I'm going try out. As soon as I get a few finishing touches done on the mounts, and stacks, off they'll go! I'm kind of looking forward to that. I hope they turn out nice.