Thread: newbie ?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Ashrod is on a distinguished road
Default Re: newbie ?

I am a newbie too!!! I have never built a dossier, or an excavator, but I am starting a dump truck and loader bruder conversion now!!! I can't help you much on drive motors, I am converting servos to 360* rotation for my drive axles, and I am using hydraulics for the boom and bucket on the loader, servos for steering, and a servo converted to a screw drive for the dump bed!!! I haven't actually done all this yet, it's just a plan!!! I know there was one excavator build where someone found a turntable with 6 contacts for transferring the power for the drive motors, look at some of the bruder model conversions and you should find where they got it!!! As for drive motors some convert servos, and some just buy motors and mount them!!! The ferelli (might not be spelt right) actuators are great mini actuators that will plug straight into your receiver like a servo!!! Speed controller is built in them!!! I might use some on future builds if I don't do hydraulic on all my builds!!! I am sorry I can't help you more, but once I do some I will be more than happy to share any info I can with you!!! Good luck!!!