View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Went to assemble the rear leaf suspension 2 days ago and ran into a slight problem.
2 of the parts were missing ...

Here a picture of the rear leaf assembly of the Arocs ... it is the 2 black items that hold the assembly to the support and are also needed to hold the leaf pack together.

Nice thing about ScaleART is that they make no problems and send the missing pieces immediately.

So went back to more filing and sanding on the rear coupling spacer.

Since the front suspension could do with some strengthening as pointed out in a previous post, I decided to use the one leaf that is not used for the rear suspension. This should give some extra resistance to the weight of the cab without making the suspension too stiff. Should this not work out, I can still add the ones I have left over from the AROCS as you can see in the above picture.

Now for some self inflicted extra work - can happen if one haphazardly builds these trucks without really following the book ... I completely forgot to figure out the insertion of the front differential lock servo in the tank ... For this I will need to partly re-assemble the truck ... bugger. To add insult to injury, I actually have 2 tanks. The 80cm one and the 60cm. I had gotten the shorter one in case I only needed to put one servo in the tank. That way I might have room for the 2 air tanks that normally go underneath the battery box if one uses the regular exhaust.

The tank support can be moved over for the shorter thank. Although it might interfere with the support for the engine/gearbox, but that can be fixed.

Looks like there is just enough room to squeeze in the air tanks. Just need to figure out a bracket to hold them. The servo mount that goes into the tank can be cut if only one servo is used.

Here the instructions that came with the servo mount for in-tank build ... looks confusing for an 8x8!

So have to re-install the fenders and front axle and see if I actually have the room for the air and fuel tank.