View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Well, the wait continues, unfortunately. I ordered my tires and front wheels from Stella on 1/20 and they shipped the same day. I chose Air Parcel over the cheapest shipping option in hopes I'd get it within a week or week and a half. I haven't seen an update since 1/23 and now have Stella looking into it. By the description I don't even know if it's left China or not. What a bummer! Anyway, moving on to other things....

So I got my 15mm spacers in from RC4WD. While I liked the new height of the transmission, they presented a problem. The transmission has a bulge by the shifter that is too wide to fit within the framerails. So I raised it a bit more (to 22mm) to get this bulge to reside inside the framerails better. Here's the spacers:

It's tough to see here, but if you look closely, the shifter area of the transmission is now inside the framerail and clears everything nicely.

Side view profile shot.

And even with the dash installed there's clearance between the motor and the body.

Looks like there will now be plenty of driveshaft clearance!

Next up is one of my least favorite things to do: bodywork. I picked up some Squadron White Putty and am beginning to clean up the sunroof and the top antenna emboss.